Re: [softrock40] Programming Java: device ID for Softrock ensemble rxtx

  • Albert Gerheim
    Message 1 of 5 , May 30, 2012
      For those tracking this esoteric problem, the fix is found in  http://fivedots.coe.psu.ac.th/~ad/jg/nui16/motorControl.pdf in the downloadable code  (Chapter 6 zip file).

      There's a revised jar for the libusbjava library.  It opened.  (Big success for the day:  executing one line of java.  Such is programming!)

      On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 11:31 AM, alpg49 <alpg49@...> wrote:

      I'm using libusbjava, and I'm trying to communicate with a Softrock Ensemble RXTX. I'm hitting an exception on dev.open(1, 0, -1); using the code similar to that in http://libusbjava.sourceforge.net/wp/res/demos/ReadWrite.java.html

      I have productID 0x05DC and vendorID 0x16C0. (Yes, I tried other ID's, and little/big-endian-ed the variables. These are the 2 ID's in which I have the most confidence.)

      Are these the right ID's? If I know if these ID's are correct/incorrect, I can troubleshoot more effectively.

      Thanks!

      -Al Gerheim, K1QN

      --
      Al Gerheim