Just starting Ensemble II build

  • Martin Sole
    Message 1 of 3 , May 16 5:46 AM

      Had it on the shelf a while, just starting the build this evening. I’ve built other stuff, single band softrock, V6.2 TX/RX and a few other small smd kits. So what can I expect in build time hours?

      Martin, HS0ZED

    • KQ8M
      Message 2 of 3 , May 16 5:53 AM

        I would say 10 to 12. Just a guesstamate of how long I have been taking.

        73,

        Tim Herrick, KQ8M

        Charter Member North Coast Contesters

        kq8m@...

        AR-Cluster V6 kq8m.no-ip.org

        Message 3 of 3 , May 18 6:57 AM

          Hi,

          Seemed about right. I did the first stages up to the SI570 output on the Wednesday evening and then the rest of it on and off between other jobs on Thursday. By dinner time it was a living breathing HF Ensemble II in its Kase. Truly I am having a blast though the first task is to have it working as a panoramic receiver from the IF output of my Orion. Seems a bit of a waste but it does the job just great. What with Powersdr-IF,HRD, my Griffin powermate and all hooked up to the Orion I had a great time earlier nailing XX9E in a few different places. Very nice to just ‘watch’ the pile-up, point, click n call!

          Will spend a while this evening checking up on some AM broadcast stations, that is if I don’t find XX9 on 40 n 80!

          Martin, HS0ZED

          Had it on the shelf a while, just starting the build this evening. I’ve built other stuff, single band softrock, V6.2 TX/RX and a few other small smd kits. So what can I expect in build time hours?

          Martin, HS0ZED

          No virus found in this message.