Question about HDSDR

  • maramaxt
    Message 1 of 5 , May 2, 2012
      Hi group.

      I'm using HDSDR's great software with my newly fired-up Ensemble RXII.
      Just below the main waterfall window is a sliding frequency ruler. Is
      there any way to avoid the tedium of using the mouse to drag this ruler
      back and forth in larger jumps? I did look for an answer on the web but
      found nothing specific related to this.

      Thanks for your help :)

      73 - John - ZL1AZS
    • g8voip
      Message 2 of 5 , May 2, 2012
        Hi John,

        If you simply want to move to a different band, use the 'FreqMgr' button and double click on any band you want to change to.

        you can use your mouse and scroll wheel to change the LO setting on the main screen. Just hover over the digit you want to change.

        I cannot remember the short cut keys at the moment, but seem to remember you can increment the LO up and down in preset steps as well as directly entering a frequency.

        73, Bob G8VOI

        Message 3 of 5 , May 2, 2012
          Message 4 of 5 , May 3, 2012
            Thanks Alan - got it :)

            I was wondering how to have my Contour Shuttle Pro jog dial control the
            LO. It's relatively simple to set it up in the Shuttle control panel,
            but the rate of movement along the LO with the jog dial is fairly slow.
            Good enough for now.

            73 - John - ZL1AZS

            > Subject: [softrock40] Re: Question about HDSDR
            >

            > > I cannot remember the short cut keys at the moment, but seem to
            remember
            > > you can increment the LO up and down in preset steps as well as
            directly
            > > entering a frequency.
            > >

            > Look in the program file, there is a htm showing the shortcuts.
            >
            > 73 Alan G4ZFQ

          • EB4APL
            Message 5 of 5 , May 3, 2012
              John,

              You can also type directly the frequency that you want.  As soon you push any numeric key the corresponding window appears and you can select there if you want to apply the value to Tune, Quick tune or LO.  The differences are as follows.

              Tune: It tunes the receiver to the exact frequency BUT your LO setting must be within the allowed range (that is +/- half of the sample rate).
              Quick tune: It tunes the receiver to the exact frequency and sets the LO to an offset. This is the default mode and the desired offset can be set in the Options/Misc Options/Set LO <-> Tune offset.
              LO: self explanatory, main use is for centering the receiver in a band and the fine tune with "point and click" or the mouse wheel.
              It tunes the receiver to the LO + offset frequency.

              73 de Ignacio, EB4APL