Re: LPF control board

  • micutzu2o
    Message 1 of 18 , May 2, 2012
      Email sent, thx.

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "mardikas15" <mardikas15@...> wrote:

      > Hi Razvan,
      >
      > yes i was looking for solution like thislong time until i payed more attention to Lima SDR.
      >
      > Send me e-mail: martrah (at) gmail com
      >
      > Best,
      >
      > Mart
      >
      > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "micutzu2o" <razvanfatu@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Just what I was looking for. Please, send me the firmware too.
      > >
      > > Thank you,
      > > Razvan.
      > >
      > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "mardikas15" <mardikas15@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi,
      > > >
      > > > i uploaded description file of LPF filters control board. I plan to use it with my AVALA01 but it should work with other similar designs.
      > > >
      > > > If you want to build it ask firmware from me or Bernd DL9WB direct.
      > > >
      > > > If you are interested in PCB board or full kit send me message. Maybe we prepare pcb and kit run if there is lot of interest.
      > > >
      > > > 73, Mart ES2MA

    • mardikas15
      Message 2 of 18 , May 3, 2012
        Uploaded firmware hex and source files to my folder. Many thanks to Bernd DL9WB!

        73, Mart ES2MA

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "mardikas15" <mardikas15@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > i uploaded description file of LPF filters control board. I plan to use it with my AVALA01 but it should work with other similar designs.
        >
        > If you want to build it ask firmware from me or Bernd DL9WB direct.
        >
        > If you are interested in PCB board or full kit send me message. Maybe we prepare pcb and kit run if there is lot of interest.
        >
        > 73, Mart ES2MA

      • Jos Stevens
        Message 3 of 18 , May 3, 2012
          Thank you so much Mart

          73  de
          Jos (PA3CCE)

          Uploaded firmware hex and source files to my folder. Many thanks to Bernd DL9WB!

          73, Mart ES2MA

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "mardikas15" <mardikas15@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > i uploaded description file of LPF filters control board. I plan to use it with my AVALA01 but it should work with other similar designs.
          >
          > If you want to build it ask firmware from me or Bernd DL9WB direct.
          >
          > If you are interested in PCB board or full kit send me message. Maybe we prepare pcb and kit run if there is lot of interest.
          >
          > 73, Mart ES2MA

        • Ken Chase
          Message 4 of 18 , May 3, 2012

            Thank you Mart and Bernd

            73
            Ken VA3ABN

            Uploaded firmware hex and source files to my folder. Many thanks to Bernd DL9WB!

            73, Mart ES2MA

            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "mardikas15" <mardikas15@...> wrote:

            > Hi,
            >
            > i uploaded description file of LPF filters control board. I plan to use it with my AVALA01 but it should work with other similar designs.
            >
            > If you want to build it ask firmware from me or Bernd DL9WB direct.
            >
            > If you are interested in PCB board or full kit send me message. Maybe we prepare pcb and kit run if there is lot of interest.
            >
            > 73, Mart ES2MA

          • mardikas15
            Message 5 of 18 , May 13, 2012
              Hi,

              i uploaded to my files folder some new firmware versions and proposed designs (not tested). Please read Notes file about versions.

              73, Mart ES2MA
            • Alan Hill
              Message 6 of 18 , May 13, 2012
                One could consider modding the mobo I/O kit for Softrocks.
                73,
                Alan - W6ARH

                On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 4:47 AM, mardikas15 <martrah@...> wrote:

                Hi,

                i uploaded to my files folder some new firmware versions and proposed designs (not tested). Please read Notes file about versions.

                73, Mart ES2MA

              • g8voip
                Message 7 of 18 , May 13, 2012
                  Hi Alan,

                  The mobo extender would not be any use for this application as it requires I2C commands for control from some form of controller. Ideal for the mobo but no use as a stand alone device.

                  The beauty of this design is that all it needs is to pick off the QSD clock and provides control lines for switching band filters based on that.

                  Ideal for homebrew SDR receivers / transceivers and the likes of the Avala design for anyone wanting to make a multiband device.

                  73, Bob G8VOI

                  --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Alan Hill <alan.r.hill@...> wrote:

                  > One could consider modding the mobo I/O kit for Softrocks.
                  > 73,
                  > Alan - W6ARH
                  >
                  > On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 4:47 AM, mardikas15 <martrah@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > **
                  > >

                  > > Hi,
                  > >
                  > > i uploaded to my files folder some new firmware versions and proposed
                  > > designs (not tested). Please read Notes file about versions.
                  > >
                  > > 73, Mart ES2MA

                • Jos Stevens
                  Message 8 of 18 , May 17, 2012
                    Hi

                    I modded the design for direct output from Rb0 to RB7 of the 16F84A
                    to the ULN2803 and it is working ok upto 50.048 MHz.

                    Crossover points measured using the original data :

                     1     1.955 MHz
                     2     3.910 MHz
                     3     8.015 MHz
                     4    11.925 MHz
                     5    14.858 MHz
                     6    19.941 MHz
                     7    21.669 MHz

                    At 50.48 MHz the output falls back to position 1 (lowest band), so just not
                    enough to keep the HPF on for the 50 MHz band.

                    I measured an area of uncertainty (swiitching up and down) of abt 760 Hz at the crossover frequency, both at lowest and highest band.

                    Just for the record.
                    73 de
                    Jos (PA3CCE)

                    Message 9 of 18 , Sep 7, 2012
                      Hi,

                      anybody using any of these boards already?

                      73, Mart