Re: LPF control board

  • Dave B
    Message 1 of 18 , May 1, 2012
      Nice...

      I want to do something similar to control an auto ATU from other radio's.
      The ATU has memories and can be trained for each band, so just later
      needing the settings recalling. This has given me idea's. (Ooooer!)

      Simple in essance, so one day....

      One other thing... You might want to use a later chip though, the
      venerable F84 is getting quite rare to find new these days, and maybe a
      buffer between the frequency input, and the PIC, if just for static
      proteciton.

      Thanks for the input.

      73.

      Dave G0WBX.
    • micutzu2o
      Message 2 of 18 , May 1, 2012
        Isn't it possible to scrap the 74HC238 and use the RB0 ... RB7 outputs directly into ULN2803 ? What happens when the frequency is over 30MHz ? Interested for the use of 50MHz band also.

        Thank you,
        Razvan.

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "mardikas15" <mardikas15@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > i uploaded description file of LPF filters control board. I plan to use it with my AVALA01 but it should work with other similar designs.
        >
        > If you want to build it ask firmware from me or Bernd DL9WB direct.
        >
        > If you are interested in PCB board or full kit send me message. Maybe we prepare pcb and kit run if there is lot of interest.
        >
        > 73, Mart ES2MA

      • mardikas15
        Message 3 of 18 , May 2, 2012
          Hi Jos,

          i dont know if Bernd wants to publish source code but i will ask if i can upload hex file into files section here.

          73, Mart

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Jos Stevens <pa3cce@...> wrote:

          > Hi Mart
          >
          > This Filter Control Board sounds interesting for my homebrew SDR could you please send me
          > the firmware, if possible the source code included ?
          > many tnx.
          >
          > 73 de
          >
          > Jos, PA3CCE
        • mardikas15
          Message 4 of 18 , May 2, 2012
            Hi Razvan,

            yes i was looking for solution like thislong time until i payed more attention to Lima SDR.

            Send me e-mail: martrah (at) gmail com

            Best,

            Mart

            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "micutzu2o" <razvanfatu@...> wrote:

            > Just what I was looking for. Please, send me the firmware too.
            >
            > Thank you,
            > Razvan.
            >
            > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "mardikas15" <mardikas15@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi,
            > >
            > > i uploaded description file of LPF filters control board. I plan to use it with my AVALA01 but it should work with other similar designs.
            > >
            > > If you want to build it ask firmware from me or Bernd DL9WB direct.
            > >
            > > If you are interested in PCB board or full kit send me message. Maybe we prepare pcb and kit run if there is lot of interest.
            > >
            > > 73, Mart ES2MA

          • mardikas15
            Message 5 of 18 , May 2, 2012
              Original Lima SDR design uses RB0 for PIC interruption, PIC switched on only during si570 communication.

              I tested board over 30MHz. Last filter output is activated until 50,0xxMHz, then other outputs starting to switch on. So probably pre-scaler or firmware mod is needed.

              Mart

              --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "micutzu2o" <razvanfatu@...> wrote:

              > Isn't it possible to scrap the 74HC238 and use the RB0 ... RB7 outputs directly into ULN2803 ? What happens when the frequency is over 30MHz ? Interested for the use of 50MHz band also.
              >
              > Thank you,
              > Razvan.
              >
              > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "mardikas15" <mardikas15@> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi,
              > >
              > > i uploaded description file of LPF filters control board. I plan to use it with my AVALA01 but it should work with other similar designs.
              > >
              > > If you want to build it ask firmware from me or Bernd DL9WB direct.
              > >
              > > If you are interested in PCB board or full kit send me message. Maybe we prepare pcb and kit run if there is lot of interest.
              > >
              > > 73, Mart ES2MA

            • Jos Stevens
              Message 6 of 18 , May 2, 2012
                Thanks Mart

                Jos

                i dont know if Bernd wants to publish source code but i will ask if i can upload hex file into files section here.

                73, Mart

                --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Jos Stevens <pa3cce@...> wrote:

                > Hi Mart
                >
                > This Filter Control Board sounds interesting for my homebrew SDR could you please send me
                > the firmware, if possible the source code included ?
                > many tnx.
                >
                > 73 de
                >
                > Jos, PA3CCE

              • micutzu2o
                Message 7 of 18 , May 2, 2012
                  Email sent, thx.

                  --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "mardikas15" <mardikas15@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Razvan,
                  >
                  > yes i was looking for solution like thislong time until i payed more attention to Lima SDR.
                  >
                  > Send me e-mail: martrah (at) gmail com
                  >
                  > Best,
                  >
                  > Mart
                  >
                  > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "micutzu2o" <razvanfatu@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Just what I was looking for. Please, send me the firmware too.
                  > >
                  > > Thank you,
                  > > Razvan.
                  > >
                  > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "mardikas15" <mardikas15@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Hi,
                  > > >
                  > > > i uploaded description file of LPF filters control board. I plan to use it with my AVALA01 but it should work with other similar designs.
                  > > >
                  > > > If you want to build it ask firmware from me or Bernd DL9WB direct.
                  > > >
                  > > > If you are interested in PCB board or full kit send me message. Maybe we prepare pcb and kit run if there is lot of interest.
                  > > >
                  > > > 73, Mart ES2MA

                • mardikas15
                  Message 8 of 18 , May 3, 2012
                    Uploaded firmware hex and source files to my folder. Many thanks to Bernd DL9WB!

                    73, Mart ES2MA

                    --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "mardikas15" <mardikas15@...> wrote:

                    > Hi,
                    >
                    > i uploaded description file of LPF filters control board. I plan to use it with my AVALA01 but it should work with other similar designs.
                    >
                    > If you want to build it ask firmware from me or Bernd DL9WB direct.
                    >
                    > If you are interested in PCB board or full kit send me message. Maybe we prepare pcb and kit run if there is lot of interest.
                    >
                    > 73, Mart ES2MA

                  • Jos Stevens
                    Message 9 of 18 , May 3, 2012
                      Thank you so much Mart

                      73  de
                      Jos (PA3CCE)

                      Uploaded firmware hex and source files to my folder. Many thanks to Bernd DL9WB!

                      73, Mart ES2MA

                      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "mardikas15" <mardikas15@...> wrote:

                      > Hi,
                      >
                      > i uploaded description file of LPF filters control board. I plan to use it with my AVALA01 but it should work with other similar designs.
                      >
                      > If you want to build it ask firmware from me or Bernd DL9WB direct.
                      >
                      > If you are interested in PCB board or full kit send me message. Maybe we prepare pcb and kit run if there is lot of interest.
                      >
                      > 73, Mart ES2MA

                    • Ken Chase
                      Message 10 of 18 , May 3, 2012

                        Thank you Mart and Bernd

                        73
                        Ken VA3ABN

                        Uploaded firmware hex and source files to my folder. Many thanks to Bernd DL9WB!

                        73, Mart ES2MA

                        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "mardikas15" <mardikas15@...> wrote:

                        > Hi,
                        >
                        > i uploaded description file of LPF filters control board. I plan to use it with my AVALA01 but it should work with other similar designs.
                        >
                        > If you want to build it ask firmware from me or Bernd DL9WB direct.
                        >
                        > If you are interested in PCB board or full kit send me message. Maybe we prepare pcb and kit run if there is lot of interest.
                        >
                        > 73, Mart ES2MA

                      • mardikas15
                        Message 11 of 18 , May 13, 2012
                          Hi,

                          i uploaded to my files folder some new firmware versions and proposed designs (not tested). Please read Notes file about versions.

                          73, Mart ES2MA
                        • Alan Hill
                          Message 12 of 18 , May 13, 2012
                            One could consider modding the mobo I/O kit for Softrocks.
                            73,
                            Alan - W6ARH

                            On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 4:47 AM, mardikas15 <martrah@...> wrote:

                            Hi,

                            i uploaded to my files folder some new firmware versions and proposed designs (not tested). Please read Notes file about versions.

                            73, Mart ES2MA

                          • g8voip
                            Message 13 of 18 , May 13, 2012
                              Hi Alan,

                              The mobo extender would not be any use for this application as it requires I2C commands for control from some form of controller. Ideal for the mobo but no use as a stand alone device.

                              The beauty of this design is that all it needs is to pick off the QSD clock and provides control lines for switching band filters based on that.

                              Ideal for homebrew SDR receivers / transceivers and the likes of the Avala design for anyone wanting to make a multiband device.

                              73, Bob G8VOI

                              --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Alan Hill <alan.r.hill@...> wrote:

                              > One could consider modding the mobo I/O kit for Softrocks.
                              > 73,
                              > Alan - W6ARH
                              >
                              > On Sun, May 13, 2012 at 4:47 AM, mardikas15 <martrah@...> wrote:
                              >
                              > > **
                              > >

                              > > Hi,
                              > >
                              > > i uploaded to my files folder some new firmware versions and proposed
                              > > designs (not tested). Please read Notes file about versions.
                              > >
                              > > 73, Mart ES2MA

                            • Jos Stevens
                              Message 14 of 18 , May 17, 2012
                                Hi

                                I modded the design for direct output from Rb0 to RB7 of the 16F84A
                                to the ULN2803 and it is working ok upto 50.048 MHz.

                                Crossover points measured using the original data :

                                 1     1.955 MHz
                                 2     3.910 MHz
                                 3     8.015 MHz
                                 4    11.925 MHz
                                 5    14.858 MHz
                                 6    19.941 MHz
                                 7    21.669 MHz

                                At 50.48 MHz the output falls back to position 1 (lowest band), so just not
                                enough to keep the HPF on for the 50 MHz band.

                                I measured an area of uncertainty (swiitching up and down) of abt 760 Hz at the crossover frequency, both at lowest and highest band.

                                Just for the record.
                                73 de
                                Jos (PA3CCE)

                                Message 15 of 18 , Sep 7 11:17 AM
                                  Hi,

                                  anybody using any of these boards already?

                                  73, Mart