Re: [softrock40] v6 exciter builder's notes

  • Tony Parks
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 5, 2006
      Thanks for the catching my error on T1 Jason.  I will fix it right away and post the new pdf.

      When the new slightly larger PA board is available the pins sticking up on the QSE board might not work for setting 40m with a jumper on top plug on top of the QSE board.  I will think about this and see if there might be a good way for the 40m-80m option selection from the QSE board.

      Thanks and 73,
      Tony KB9YIG

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 5, 2006
        On 10/5/06, Tony Parks <raparks@...> wrote:
        When the new slightly larger PA board is available the pins sticking up on the QSE board might not work for setting 40m with a jumper on top plug on top of the QSE board.  I will think about this and see if there might be a good way for the 40m-80m option selection from the QSE board.

        I forgot about the larger PA board in the works.

        What I did with leaving the long pins sticking out of the bottom works...but may make mounting kind of difficult...then again it may work well.  Just mount using the plastic standoffs and leave a hole in the case for the pins and jumper to stick through.  Just don't make it the bottom :D

        Once I get all the winding done I'll get some photos of the way I assembled it uploaded...hopefully late tonight.  I'm really itching to get this thing going!

      • Geoff Anderson
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 5, 2006
          I agree with Jason's comment re T1 below.

          I would also like to add that it pays to check that the way one winds the
          coils/rfc's etc is such that the wires will naturally line up with the holes
          in the pcb. If you wind the coils the other way ( as I did) then the
          finished components will not be a nice fit because the wire end up at the
          wrong place.

          73 de Geoff
          G3NPA
          Geoff.Anderson@...