Re: [softrock40] Contribute a documentation for SR40-R and SDR#

  • Bruce Tanner
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 10, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 14 KB
    Youssef, Robby, Alan et al,

    I have found it helpful in placing frequencies into 'SDR#' to use a text editor to create a table such as that in the attached image.  Once you have located a frequency of interest in SDR# it is quite easy to just leave the text editor/word processor open and then cut and paste both the 'Center (LO)' and the 'Frequency' into the editor page. Save it and when you want to return to such frequency, band segment etc. just copy and paste back into the appropriate windows in SDR#.

    I find that when changes are made you must paste the data with ',' delimiters rather than the '.' .... the ',' will subsequently be changed automatically in SDR#, once you place your curser to the left of the numerals and hit 'Enter' or 'left mouse click'.  If want the same frequency to show up in the 'Frequency' window just place the cursor to the left of what ever is currently there, after setting the 'Center' frequency, and when you 'left click' with your mouse it will automatically change to the same 'LO'. This is particularly helpful if you want to make a significant band segment or complete band change. You can then use the mouse wheel to make what ever 'off-set' you wish to exist between the 'Frequency' window and and 'Center (LO)' window.

    Please ignore any errant frequency data, especially in the FM ranges you may see in my example. I have not yet accurately calibrated my FCD!

    Alan, if useful, you may be able to 'tighten' up this description for your page. Thanks to all of you for your work on this project.