For Hugh (Fw: 40m Lite II kit question)

  • Mike Lewis
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2012
    • 1 Attachment
    • 49 KB
    Hugh:
      Here's the schematic Tony sent me.

    HTH,
    Mike
    K4MPL

    ----- Forwarded Message -----
    From: Tony Parks <kb9yig@...>
    To: Mike Lewis <k4mpl@...>
    Sent: Monday, March 19, 2012 6:26 PM
    Subject: Re: 40m Lite II kit question

    Hi Mike,

    Yes, the black stripped strip of SMT capacitors are the 0.1uF with a spare.

    Please use the most recent schematic sheet that is attached.  Please let me know if you have any problems with components in your kit for 40m.

    Thanks and 73,
    --
    Tony Parks
    kb9yig@...

    On Mon, 2012-03-19 at 14:11 -0700, Mike Lewis wrote:
    Hi Tony:

       I am just now getting around to assembling a '40m Lite II' kit I purchased from you some time ago.  I am using the help provided by wb5rvz, but so far I think I'm working with an older revision of the kit, so I have a couple of discrepancies between the wb5rvz docs and what is in the kit itself.  I don't think that it should be much of a problem.

    However, the kit came with 6 smt caps of one value (these have a black handwritten line or stripe on them) and 5 smt caps of another value.  I'm pretty sure that you included six 0.1 uF and five 0.01 uF caps which would give one extra of each value. Is this correct?

    I also think that C15 and C22 may be the same cap just referenced incorrectly in some of the docs.  Do you know if this is correct?

    Thanks for the help and for such neat kits!

    Mike
    K4MPL