Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [softrock40] Digest Number 4661

Expand Messages
  • Dennis Anderson
    SDR-Kits were selling here in the UK, not sure what his stock level is Regards Dennis ________________________________ From: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2012
    • 0 Attachment
      SDR-Kits were selling here in the UK, not sure what his stock level is

      Regards

      Dennis


      From: "softrock40@yahoogroups.com" <softrock40@yahoogroups.com>
      To: softrock40@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Monday, 2 April 2012, 11:08
      Subject: [softrock40] Digest Number 4661

      Softrock-40 Interest Group

      Messages In This Digest (13 Messages)

      Messages

      1a.

      Re: Yaesu FT-902DM .. How ?

      Posted by: "aa9wqham@..." aa9wqham@...   aa9wq

      Sun Apr 1, 2012 5:31 pm (PDT)



      HI Jeff

      The FT-902 has a IF out on the back panel that is before the filter . That
      makes things easier. It has a 8.9mhz output. The easiest way would be to
      buy the Ensemble RX kit.

      Larry W9AMR


      In a message dated 4/1/2012 7:51:25 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      jeff.worthing@ gmail.com writes:

      Hi guys, just joined in the hope that i can find out how i can incorporate
      SDR into my 902, i've been told i can take the IF output from the rear
      panel into a softrock, and have myself a waterfall or bandscope etc.

      Can someone tell me how i can do this?

      Jeff
      M1BCM

      1b.

      Re: Yaesu FT-902DM .. How ?

      Posted by: "jeff29754" jeff.worthing@...   jeff29754

      Sun Apr 1, 2012 7:28 pm (PDT)



      I don't know if it responds to CAT or not, how can i find out ?

      Jeff
      M1BCM

      --- In softrock40@yahoogro ups.com, Tony Estep <esteptony@. ..> wrote:
      >
      > On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 6:51 PM, jeff29754 <jeff.worthing@ ...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >
      > > ... how i can incorporate SDR into my 902, i've been told i can take the
      > > IF output from the rear panel into a softrock
      > >
      > =========
      > Yep, if the 902 responds to CAT signals, you should be able to. The
      > software for this is PSDR-IF, which is designed for this purpose. You can
      > download the program and documentation at the LP-Pan website. If the
      > softrock covers the 902's IF frequency, you can substitute it wherever the
      > info there refers to the LP-Pan. To make it work, you need the program,
      > plus LP-Bridge, which serves to route the needed CAT commands.
      >
      > Tony KT0NY
      >

      1c.

      Re: Yaesu FT-902DM .. How ?

      Posted by: "Rick Simpson" RSimpson@...   ricks_wv

      Sun Apr 1, 2012 9:28 pm (PDT)



      Does it have a plug on the back (maybe a DB-9) for 'computer control'?

      K3IND

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: jeff29754
      To: softrock40@yahoogro ups.com
      Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2012 10:28 PM
      Subject: [softrock40] Re: Yaesu FT-902DM .. How ?

      I don't know if it responds to CAT or not, how can i find out ?

      Jeff
      M1BCM

      --- In softrock40@yahoogro ups.com, Tony Estep <esteptony@. ..> wrote:
      >
      > On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 6:51 PM, jeff29754 <jeff.worthing@ ...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >
      > > ... how i can incorporate SDR into my 902, i've been told i can take the
      > > IF output from the rear panel into a softrock
      > >
      > =========
      > Yep, if the 902 responds to CAT signals, you should be able to. The
      > software for this is PSDR-IF, which is designed for this purpose. You can
      > download the program and documentation at the LP-Pan website. If the
      > softrock covers the 902's IF frequency, you can substitute it wherever the
      > info there refers to the LP-Pan. To make it work, you need the program,
      > plus LP-Bridge, which serves to route the needed CAT commands.
      >
      > Tony KT0NY
      >

      1d.

      Re: Yaesu FT-902DM .. How ?

      Posted by: "aa9wqham@..." aa9wqham@...   aa9wq

      Sun Apr 1, 2012 9:43 pm (PDT)





      The FT902 is way to old to have CAT control.

      Larry W9AMR





      In a message dated 4/2/2012 12:28:36 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      RSimpson@141. com writes:

      Does it have a plug on the back (maybe a DB-9) for 'computer control'?

      K3IND


      ----- Original Message -----
      From: _jeff29754_ (mailto:jeff.worthing@ gmail.com)
      To: _softrock40@ yahoogroups. com_ (mailto:softrock40@yahoogro ups.com)
      Sent: Sunday, April 01, 2012 10:28 PM
      Subject: [softrock40] Re: Yaesu FT-902DM .. How ?

      I don't know if it responds to CAT or not, how can i find out ?

      Jeff
      M1BCM

      --- In _softrock40@ yahoogroups. com_ (mailto:softrock40@yahoogro ups.com) ,
      Tony Estep <esteptony@. ..> wrote:
      >
      > On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 6:51 PM, jeff29754 <jeff.worthing@ ...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >
      > > ... how i can incorporate SDR into my 902, i've been told i can take
      the
      > > IF output from the rear panel into a softrock
      > >
      > =========
      > Yep, if the 902 responds to CAT signals, you should be able to. The
      > software for this is PSDR-IF, which is designed for this purpose. You can
      > download the program and documentation at the LP-Pan website. If the
      > softrock covers the 902's IF frequency, you can substitute it wherever
      the
      > info there refers to the LP-Pan. To make it work, you need the program,
      > plus LP-Bridge, which serves to route the needed CAT commands.
      >
      > Tony KT0NY
      >

      2a.

      Re: OK, Problem narrowed down. Little more help needed.

      Posted by: "n4rmt" n4rmt@...   n4rmt

      Sun Apr 1, 2012 5:49 pm (PDT)



      Never mind. Thanks, everyone.
      --- In softrock40@yahoogro ups.com, "skarbows" <dskarbow@.. .> wrote:
      >
      > What HF radio do you have? If you have a Kenwood 940 or 950, use CFGSR to set the softrock freq to 8830. PSDR-IF doesn't need to tune the softrock, it needs to tune the Kenwood HF radio. If you have a Elecraft or an unsupported (by PSDR-IF) then I'm sorry, you are on your own.
      >
      > Dave
      >
      > --- In softrock40@yahoogro ups.com, "n4rmt" <n4rmt@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I have the RX ensemble II kit working flawlessly in powerSDR stock version. I canot get tuning capability with powerSDR/IF version, though. Strange. I'd like to get this version going so I can use Ham Radio Deluxe to control my rig, and pSDR/IF to control HRD. In the pSDR/IF version, I am receiving, but it is stuck in one spot, and I cant tune. In stock pSDR from flexradio, it tunes and receives flawlessly.
      > >
      >

      3a.

      CW tone  seems to be breaking up on Rocky

      Posted by: "kh2br" rholsti@...   kh2br

      Sun Apr 1, 2012 7:45 pm (PDT)



      RXTX Ensemble cw note is breaking up on Rocky. With the head set pluged into the line out on the computer I hear the same thing. It seems like processes in the computer are causing the interuptions. Is this common? Is there something that can be done to prevent this from happening? I am ready to build a external transmitter to get around that.
      Memory is 2GB, cpu is a 3.2 g pentium, sound card is motherboard realtek and same thing with external sound blaster XFI. This is very disturbing since I am a 100% only cw op.

      Robert, KH2BR

      3b.

      Re: CW tone seems to be breaking up on Rocky

      Posted by: "David Turnbull" dturnbull@...   ae9rb

      Sun Apr 1, 2012 8:54 pm (PDT)



      All the SDR sound cards for a single rigging needs to share a clock. Rocky
      is especially finicky about this. You'll see a lot of folks using delta-44
      sound cards because those voids and pops will transmit where they shouldn't
      as well.

      73 David AE9RB

      On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 7:45 PM, kh2br <rholsti@sbcglobal. net> wrote:

      > **
      >
      >
      > RXTX Ensemble cw note is breaking up on Rocky. With the head set pluged
      > into the line out on the computer I hear the same thing. It seems like
      > processes in the computer are causing the interuptions. Is this common? Is
      > there something that can be done to prevent this from happening? I am ready
      > to build a external transmitter to get around that.
      > Memory is 2GB, cpu is a 3.2 g pentium, sound card is motherboard realtek
      > and same thing with external sound blaster XFI. This is very disturbing
      > since I am a 100% only cw op.
      >
      > Robert, KH2BR
      >
      >
      >
      4.

      new HDSDR

      Posted by: "Alan" alan4alan@...   alanzfq

      Mon Apr 2, 2012 2:16 am (PDT)



      HDSDR 2.13 released with TX.

      for details and changelog see http://hdsdr. de/

      Don't forget to put the ExtIO_Si570. dll in the folder.
      But I have a problem, before I report it could someone else try.

      73 Alan G4ZFQ

      5a.

      Any UK resellers of the Softrock kits?

      Posted by: "Chris Wilson" chris@...   chrismwilsonuk

      Mon Apr 2, 2012 2:47 am (PDT)





      Can I buy here in the UK, or are they only available from the US?
      Can someone point me to a link from which I can order please?
      thanks.I feel building one is pushing my "newbie" staus to the limit,
      but about to try for my intermediate UK amateur exam, so I might as
      well try and build something both taxing and useful ;)

      --
      Best regards,
      Chris Wilson mailto:chris@chriswilson. tv

      5b.

      Re: Any UK resellers of the Softrock kits?

      Posted by: "richard" richard@...   g8jvm

      Mon Apr 2, 2012 3:16 am (PDT)



      On Mon, 2 Apr 2012 10:47:06 +0100
      Chris Wilson <chris@chriswilson. tv> wrote:

      >
      >
      > Can I buy here in the UK, or are they only available from the US?
      > Can someone point me to a link from which I can order please?
      > thanks.I feel building one is pushing my "newbie" staus to the
      > limit, but about to try for my intermediate UK amateur exam, so I
      > might as well try and build something both taxing and useful ;)
      >

      There are but, they are grossly greedy, W&S details in Radcom or google.
      When I say greedy US$1=GBP1 X2 + p+p GBP 5.

      I'm sure someone may have one of the earlier kits unbuilt they could
      sell you at a fraction of the price, Good luck with the 2E0

      --

      --
      Best wishes / 73
      Richard Bown

      e-mail: richard@g8jvm. com

      nil carborundum a illegitemis
      ############ ######### ######### ######### ######### ######### ######### ######### #######
      Ham Call G8JVM . OS Fedora FC16 x86_64 on a Dell Insiron N5030 laptop
      Maidenhead QRA: IO82SP38, LAT. 52 39.720' N LONG. 2 28.171 W ( degs
      mins ) QRV HF + VHF Microwave 23 cms:140W,13 cms:100W,6 cms:10W & 3
      cms:5W
      ############ ######### ######### ######### ######### ######### ######### ######### #######

      5c.

      Re: Any UK resellers of the Softrock kits?

    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.