Re: Yaesu FT-902DM .. How ?

  • jeff29754
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1, 2012
      I don't know if it responds to CAT or not, how can i find out ?

      Jeff
      M1BCM

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Tony Estep <esteptony@...> wrote:

      > On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 6:51 PM, jeff29754 <jeff.worthing@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >
      > > ... how i can incorporate SDR into my 902, i've been told i can take the
      > > IF output from the rear panel into a softrock
      > >
      > =========
      > Yep, if the 902 responds to CAT signals, you should be able to. The
      > software for this is PSDR-IF, which is designed for this purpose. You can
      > download the program and documentation at the LP-Pan website. If the
      > softrock covers the 902's IF frequency, you can substitute it wherever the
      > info there refers to the LP-Pan. To make it work, you need the program,
      > plus LP-Bridge, which serves to route the needed CAT commands.
      >
      > Tony KT0NY

    • Rick Simpson
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1, 2012
        Does it have a plug on the back (maybe a DB-9) for 'computer control'?

        K3IND

      • aa9wqham@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 1, 2012

          The FT902 is way to old to have CAT control.

          Larry W9AMR

          In a message dated 4/2/2012 12:28:36 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, RSimpson@... writes:

          Does it have a plug on the back (maybe a DB-9) for 'computer control'?

          K3IND

          I don't know if it responds to CAT or not, how can i find out ?

          Jeff
          M1BCM

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Tony Estep <esteptony@...> wrote:

          > On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 6:51 PM, jeff29754 <jeff.worthing@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >
          > > ... how i can incorporate SDR into my 902, i've been told i can take the
          > > IF output from the rear panel into a softrock
          > >
          > =========
          > Yep, if the 902 responds to CAT signals, you should be able to. The
          > software for this is PSDR-IF, which is designed for this purpose. You can
          > download the program and documentation at the LP-Pan website. If the
          > softrock covers the 902's IF frequency, you can substitute it wherever the
          > info there refers to the LP-Pan. To make it work, you need the program,
          > plus LP-Bridge, which serves to route the needed CAT commands.
          >
          > Tony KT0NY

        • jeff29754
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 2, 2012
            Course not, no 232 on the back of these 80's gems.

            Jeff
            M1BCM

            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, aa9wqham@... wrote:

            > The FT902 is way to old to have CAT control.
            >
            > Larry W9AMR
            >

            > In a message dated 4/2/2012 12:28:36 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
            > RSimpson@... writes:
            >

            > Does it have a plug on the back (maybe a DB-9) for 'computer control'?
            >
            > K3IND

          • MIKE DURKIN
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 2, 2012
              It's not needed, but it sure is fun to control the radio from the computer ..