RE: [softrock40] Yaesu FT-902DM .. How ?

  • MIKE DURKIN
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1, 2012
      Its fairly simple ... usually its harder to get Tony's softrock,  than it is to incorporate with a Boatanchor!!

      Some one here whom has already did this will chime in,  im sure ...

      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1, 2012
        On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 6:51 PM, jeff29754 <jeff.worthing@...> wrote:

        ... how i can incorporate SDR into my 902, i've been told i can take the IF output from the rear panel into a softrock

        =========
        Yep, if the 902 responds to CAT signals, you should be able to. The software for this is PSDR-IF, which is designed for this purpose. You can download the program and documentation at the LP-Pan website. If the softrock covers the 902's IF frequency, you can substitute it wherever the info there refers to the LP-Pan. To make it work, you need the program, plus LP-Bridge, which serves to route the needed CAT commands.

        Tony KT0NY
      • aa9wqham@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 1, 2012
          HI Jeff

          The FT-902 has a IF out on the back panel that is before the filter . That makes things easier. It has a 8.9mhz output. The easiest way would be to buy the Ensemble RX kit.

          Larry W9AMR

          In a message dated 4/1/2012 7:51:25 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, jeff.worthing@... writes:

          Hi guys, just joined in the hope that i can find out how i can incorporate SDR into my 902, i've been told i can take the IF output from the rear panel into a softrock, and have myself a waterfall or bandscope etc.

          Can someone tell me how i can do this?

          Jeff
          M1BCM

        • jeff29754
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 1, 2012
            I don't know if it responds to CAT or not, how can i find out ?

            Jeff
            M1BCM

            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Tony Estep <esteptony@...> wrote:

            > On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 6:51 PM, jeff29754 <jeff.worthing@...> wrote:
            >
            > > **
            > >
            > > ... how i can incorporate SDR into my 902, i've been told i can take the
            > > IF output from the rear panel into a softrock
            > >
            > =========
            > Yep, if the 902 responds to CAT signals, you should be able to. The
            > software for this is PSDR-IF, which is designed for this purpose. You can
            > download the program and documentation at the LP-Pan website. If the
            > softrock covers the 902's IF frequency, you can substitute it wherever the
            > info there refers to the LP-Pan. To make it work, you need the program,
            > plus LP-Bridge, which serves to route the needed CAT commands.
            >
            > Tony KT0NY

          • Rick Simpson
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 1, 2012
              Does it have a plug on the back (maybe a DB-9) for 'computer control'?

              K3IND

            • aa9wqham@aol.com
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 1, 2012

                The FT902 is way to old to have CAT control.

                Larry W9AMR

                In a message dated 4/2/2012 12:28:36 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, RSimpson@... writes:

                Does it have a plug on the back (maybe a DB-9) for 'computer control'?

                K3IND

                I don't know if it responds to CAT or not, how can i find out ?

                Jeff
                M1BCM

                --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Tony Estep <esteptony@...> wrote:

                > On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 6:51 PM, jeff29754 <jeff.worthing@...> wrote:
                >
                > > **
                > >
                > > ... how i can incorporate SDR into my 902, i've been told i can take the
                > > IF output from the rear panel into a softrock
                > >
                > =========
                > Yep, if the 902 responds to CAT signals, you should be able to. The
                > software for this is PSDR-IF, which is designed for this purpose. You can
                > download the program and documentation at the LP-Pan website. If the
                > softrock covers the 902's IF frequency, you can substitute it wherever the
                > info there refers to the LP-Pan. To make it work, you need the program,
                > plus LP-Bridge, which serves to route the needed CAT commands.
                >
                > Tony KT0NY

              • jeff29754
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 2, 2012
                  Course not, no 232 on the back of these 80's gems.

                  Jeff
                  M1BCM

                  --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, aa9wqham@... wrote:

                  > The FT902 is way to old to have CAT control.
                  >
                  > Larry W9AMR
                  >

                  > In a message dated 4/2/2012 12:28:36 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                  > RSimpson@... writes:
                  >

                  > Does it have a plug on the back (maybe a DB-9) for 'computer control'?
                  >
                  > K3IND

                • MIKE DURKIN
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 2, 2012
                    It's not needed, but it sure is fun to control the radio from the computer ..