Yaesu FT-902DM .. How ?

  • jeff29754
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 1, 2012
      Hi guys, just joined in the hope that i can find out how i can incorporate SDR into my 902, i've been told i can take the IF output from the rear panel into a softrock, and have myself a waterfall or bandscope etc.

      Can someone tell me how i can do this?

      Jeff
      M1BCM
    • MIKE DURKIN
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 1, 2012
        Its fairly simple ... usually its harder to get Tony's softrock,  than it is to incorporate with a Boatanchor!!

        Some one here whom has already did this will chime in,  im sure ...

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 1, 2012
          On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 6:51 PM, jeff29754 <jeff.worthing@...> wrote:

          ... how i can incorporate SDR into my 902, i've been told i can take the IF output from the rear panel into a softrock

          =========
          Yep, if the 902 responds to CAT signals, you should be able to. The software for this is PSDR-IF, which is designed for this purpose. You can download the program and documentation at the LP-Pan website. If the softrock covers the 902's IF frequency, you can substitute it wherever the info there refers to the LP-Pan. To make it work, you need the program, plus LP-Bridge, which serves to route the needed CAT commands.

          Tony KT0NY
        • aa9wqham@aol.com

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 1, 2012
              I don't know if it responds to CAT or not, how can i find out ?

              Jeff
              M1BCM

              --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Tony Estep <esteptony@...> wrote:

              > On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 6:51 PM, jeff29754 <jeff.worthing@...> wrote:
              >
              > > **
              > >
              > > ... how i can incorporate SDR into my 902, i've been told i can take the
              > > IF output from the rear panel into a softrock
              > >
              > =========
              > Yep, if the 902 responds to CAT signals, you should be able to. The
              > software for this is PSDR-IF, which is designed for this purpose. You can
              > download the program and documentation at the LP-Pan website. If the
              > softrock covers the 902's IF frequency, you can substitute it wherever the
              > info there refers to the LP-Pan. To make it work, you need the program,
              > plus LP-Bridge, which serves to route the needed CAT commands.
              >
              > Tony KT0NY

            • Rick Simpson
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 1, 2012
                Does it have a plug on the back (maybe a DB-9) for 'computer control'?

                K3IND

              • aa9wqham@aol.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 1, 2012

                  The FT902 is way to old to have CAT control.

                  Larry W9AMR

                  In a message dated 4/2/2012 12:28:36 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, RSimpson@... writes:

                  Does it have a plug on the back (maybe a DB-9) for 'computer control'?

                  K3IND

                  I don't know if it responds to CAT or not, how can i find out ?

                  Jeff
                  M1BCM

                  --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Tony Estep <esteptony@...> wrote:

                  > On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 6:51 PM, jeff29754 <jeff.worthing@...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > **
                  > >
                  > > ... how i can incorporate SDR into my 902, i've been told i can take the
                  > > IF output from the rear panel into a softrock
                  > >
                  > =========
                  > Yep, if the 902 responds to CAT signals, you should be able to. The
                  > software for this is PSDR-IF, which is designed for this purpose. You can
                  > download the program and documentation at the LP-Pan website. If the
                  > softrock covers the 902's IF frequency, you can substitute it wherever the
                  > info there refers to the LP-Pan. To make it work, you need the program,
                  > plus LP-Bridge, which serves to route the needed CAT commands.
                  >
                  > Tony KT0NY

                • jeff29754
                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 2, 2012
                    Course not, no 232 on the back of these 80's gems.

                    Jeff
                    M1BCM

                    --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, aa9wqham@... wrote:

                    > The FT902 is way to old to have CAT control.
                    >
                    > Larry W9AMR
                    >

                    > In a message dated 4/2/2012 12:28:36 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
                    > RSimpson@... writes:
                    >

                    > Does it have a plug on the back (maybe a DB-9) for 'computer control'?
                    >
                    > K3IND

                  • MIKE DURKIN
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 2, 2012
                      It's not needed, but it sure is fun to control the radio from the computer ..