Re: [softrock40] Re: OK, Problem narrowed down. Little more help needed.

  • Milt Cram
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1, 2012
      On 4/1/2012 3:15 PM, n4rmt wrote:
      > Ok, scratch psdr/if. Since psdr 2.3.5 works so well I'll stick with that. So there's no way I can use vpse to talk from HRD to my rig and psdr?
      >
      > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Tony Estep<esteptony@...> wrote:
      >> On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 3:00 PM, n4rmt<n4rmt@...> wrote:
      >>
      >>> **
      >>>
      >>> ... how can I use vpse to control my rig and psdr with HRD? Is this
      >>> possible if maybe I set up a splitter?
      >>>
      >> =========================
      >> The easiest way is to use LP-Bridge. It performs the functions of a
      >> splitter and traffic director for the various CAT signals. It is possible
      >> to use PSDR-IF without LP-Bridge but nearly all PSDR users use it. The
      >> instructions for setting up LP-Bridge and PSDR-IF are on the LP-Pan
      >> website. PSDR-IF does not send signals to an Si570 because it is designed
      >> to work with an SDR that is driven by the IF of a front-end receiver. When
      >> you tune the frequency, the software inside PSDR-IF does not tell the SDR
      >> anything. There is no code in there to talk to an Si570. Rather, it sends
      >> frequency change data out to the main receiver via CAT. This is explained
      >> more fully in the PSDR-IF docs on the LP-Pan site.
      >>
      >> Tony KT0NY
      >>
      >> --
      >> http://www.isb.edu/faculty/facultydir.aspx?ddlFaculty=352

      Have you considered using PowerSDR-IQ from SV1EIA?

      It seems to work well with the RXTX Ensemble.

      73, Milt
      W8NUE
    • skarbows
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1, 2012
        What HF radio do you have? If you have a Kenwood 940 or 950, use CFGSR to set the softrock freq to 8830. PSDR-IF doesn't need to tune the softrock, it needs to tune the Kenwood HF radio. If you have a Elecraft or an unsupported (by PSDR-IF) then I'm sorry, you are on your own.

        Dave

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "n4rmt" <n4rmt@...> wrote:

        > I have the RX ensemble II kit working flawlessly in powerSDR stock version. I canot get tuning capability with powerSDR/IF version, though. Strange. I'd like to get this version going so I can use Ham Radio Deluxe to control my rig, and pSDR/IF to control HRD. In the pSDR/IF version, I am receiving, but it is stuck in one spot, and I cant tune. In stock pSDR from flexradio, it tunes and receives flawlessly.

      • n4rmt
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 1, 2012
          Never mind. Thanks, everyone.