Re: OK, Problem narrowed down. Little more help needed.

  • n4rmt
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 1 1:15 PM
      Ok, scratch psdr/if. Since psdr 2.3.5 works so well I'll stick with that. So there's no way I can use vpse to talk from HRD to my rig and psdr?

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Tony Estep <esteptony@...> wrote:

      > On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 3:00 PM, n4rmt <n4rmt@...> wrote:
      >
      > > **
      > >
      > > ... how can I use vpse to control my rig and psdr with HRD? Is this
      > > possible if maybe I set up a splitter?
      > >
      > =========================
      > The easiest way is to use LP-Bridge. It performs the functions of a
      > splitter and traffic director for the various CAT signals. It is possible
      > to use PSDR-IF without LP-Bridge but nearly all PSDR users use it. The
      > instructions for setting up LP-Bridge and PSDR-IF are on the LP-Pan
      > website. PSDR-IF does not send signals to an Si570 because it is designed
      > to work with an SDR that is driven by the IF of a front-end receiver. When
      > you tune the frequency, the software inside PSDR-IF does not tell the SDR
      > anything. There is no code in there to talk to an Si570. Rather, it sends
      > frequency change data out to the main receiver via CAT. This is explained
      > more fully in the PSDR-IF docs on the LP-Pan site.
      >
      > Tony KT0NY
      >
      > --
      > http://www.isb.edu/faculty/facultydir.aspx?ddlFaculty=352

    • Milt Cram
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 1 2:24 PM
        On 4/1/2012 3:15 PM, n4rmt wrote:
        > Ok, scratch psdr/if. Since psdr 2.3.5 works so well I'll stick with that. So there's no way I can use vpse to talk from HRD to my rig and psdr?
        >
        > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, Tony Estep<esteptony@...> wrote:
        >> On Sun, Apr 1, 2012 at 3:00 PM, n4rmt<n4rmt@...> wrote:
        >>
        >>> **
        >>>
        >>> ... how can I use vpse to control my rig and psdr with HRD? Is this
        >>> possible if maybe I set up a splitter?
        >>>
        >> =========================
        >> The easiest way is to use LP-Bridge. It performs the functions of a
        >> splitter and traffic director for the various CAT signals. It is possible
        >> to use PSDR-IF without LP-Bridge but nearly all PSDR users use it. The
        >> instructions for setting up LP-Bridge and PSDR-IF are on the LP-Pan
        >> website. PSDR-IF does not send signals to an Si570 because it is designed
        >> to work with an SDR that is driven by the IF of a front-end receiver. When
        >> you tune the frequency, the software inside PSDR-IF does not tell the SDR
        >> anything. There is no code in there to talk to an Si570. Rather, it sends
        >> frequency change data out to the main receiver via CAT. This is explained
        >> more fully in the PSDR-IF docs on the LP-Pan site.
        >>
        >> Tony KT0NY
        >>
        >> --
        >> http://www.isb.edu/faculty/facultydir.aspx?ddlFaculty=352

        Have you considered using PowerSDR-IQ from SV1EIA?

        It seems to work well with the RXTX Ensemble.

        73, Milt
        W8NUE
      • skarbows
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 1 3:32 PM
          What HF radio do you have? If you have a Kenwood 940 or 950, use CFGSR to set the softrock freq to 8830. PSDR-IF doesn't need to tune the softrock, it needs to tune the Kenwood HF radio. If you have a Elecraft or an unsupported (by PSDR-IF) then I'm sorry, you are on your own.

          Dave

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "n4rmt" <n4rmt@...> wrote:

          > I have the RX ensemble II kit working flawlessly in powerSDR stock version. I canot get tuning capability with powerSDR/IF version, though. Strange. I'd like to get this version going so I can use Ham Radio Deluxe to control my rig, and pSDR/IF to control HRD. In the pSDR/IF version, I am receiving, but it is stuck in one spot, and I cant tune. In stock pSDR from flexradio, it tunes and receives flawlessly.

        • n4rmt
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 1 5:49 PM
            Never mind. Thanks, everyone.