ROCKY 3.7

  • al2ok
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2012
      I am getting an error on Rocky 3.7 almost everytime I do something with in it . . . the error is RANGE CHECK ERROR.

      What is this ?

      How do I get rid of it ?

      I was not getting this error until recently with Rocky.

      I have removed and reloaded software many times,also totally removed software and downloaded it again from Afreet site.
      I still get this error.

      Rocky works but I get this annoying error.

      Power SDR-IQ works fine with no errors.

      Using this all on a recently built ( retired ) HF Ensemble RX that works great ,thanks Tony Parks !

      Al
    • Stu Capon
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2012
        From a quick Google of "RANGE CHECK ERROR" rocky sdr

        I get one mention of extra ram seemed to fix it, while waiting for a more considered reply you may want to check some of those links.
        Do keep the "range check error" in quotes, too much unrelated junk otherwise.
        Another post a year back mentions the event after the thing has been running for days which could point back to a RAM issue (memory leak from rocky or something else)

        You could cut back other processes, defrag the disk and just run rocky for a while and watch memory use.
        Obviously any memory monsters like Outlook won't help.

        Stu

        On 01/04/12 20:17, al2ok wrote:

        I am getting an error on Rocky 3.7 almost everytime I do something with in it . . . the error is RANGE CHECK ERROR.

        What is this ?

        How do I get rid of it ?

        I was not getting this error until recently with Rocky.

        I have removed and reloaded software many times,also totally removed software and downloaded it again from Afreet site.
        I still get this error.

        Rocky works but I get this annoying error.

        Power SDR-IQ works fine with no errors.

        Using this all on a recently built ( retired ) HF Ensemble RX that works great ,thanks Tony Parks !

        Al

      • g8voip
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2012
          Hi Al,

          De-installing the software does not delete the Rocky.ini configuration file. If this is corrupted, can cause that sort of error.

          Locate the Rocky.ini file and rename it say Rocky.old, then start the program again. You will need to reconfigure the program again as it is in effect a fresh start.

          The purpose of renaming the original file is to allow you to copy and paste any custom frequencies you might have added to speed things up.

          73, Bob G8VOI