Re: [softrock40] control problems RXTX Ensemble

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 31, 2012
      From: "Ron Subject: Re: [softrock40] control problems RXTX Ensemble

      >This only changed the tune freq range 80 to 160 mhz in HDSDR . Before it
      >was 0 to 34mhz . Still the same result HSSDR of not changing tuning and
      >CFGSR in able to tune freq. Another thing I noticed with new DLL is board
      >is warm like it is transmitting? As soon as I stop HDSDR it cools down
      >quick...

      Ron,

      Where are you in the construction?
      Are you following Robby's pages?
      So far nothing really makes sense.

      73 Alan G4ZFQ
    • orland3
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 2, 2012

        > From: "Ron Subject: Re: [softrock40] control problems RXTX Ensemble
        >

        > >This only changed the tune freq range 80 to 160 mhz in HDSDR . Before it
        > >was 0 to 34mhz . Still the same result HSSDR of not changing tuning and
        > >CFGSR in able to tune freq. Another thing I noticed with new DLL is board
        > >is warm like it is transmitting? As soon as I stop HDSDR it cools down
        > >quick...
        >
        > Ron,
        >
        > Where are you in the construction?
        > Are you following Robby's pages?
        > So far nothing really makes sense.
        >
        > 73 Alan G4ZFQ

        The receiver is complete. It is a Ensemble RXTX . I followed the builders notes from Wb5rvz web page. To throw a new turn in it is working changing freq now ( this is after 3 restarts of the sw) . The only problem now is bar in center of waterfall on every band ?

        Ron
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 2, 2012
          Subject: [softrock40] Re: control problems RXTX Ensemble

          > The only problem now is bar in center of waterfall on every band ?

          Ron,

          A bar? A sharp spike is normal for some soundcards, otherwise look here
          <http://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/sdr-with-soundcard-basic-faults>