control problems RXTX Ensemble

  • orland3
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 31, 2012
      Hello

      After the receiver was complete I can only tune using CFGSR. I have been trying to tune with HDSDR , It seems to work for receive in every way but change freq . I run CFGSR to tune and HDSDR to control mode and filters.

      Ron WD6FAQ
    • Bruce Tanner
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 31, 2012
        I have sent you the 'ExtIO' file in a separate email. Save the file and then place it in the HDSDR folder.

        On 3/31/2012 10:10 PM, orland3 wrote:

        Hello

        After the receiver was complete I can only tune using CFGSR. I have been trying to tune with HDSDR , It seems to work for receive in every way but change freq . I run CFGSR to tune and HDSDR to control mode and filters.

        Ron WD6FAQ

        __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 7016 (20120331) __________

        http://www.eset.com
      • Ron Crawford
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 31, 2012
          Hello Bruce

            This only changed the tune freq range 80 to 160 mhz in HDSDR . Before it was 0 to 34mhz . Still the same result HSSDR of not changing tuning and CFGSR in able to tune freq. Another thing I noticed with new DLL is board is warm like it is transmitting? As soon as I stop HDSDR it cools down quick...

                   Ron

          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 31, 2012
            Ron,

            You need to turn off auto band switching (a feature on the RX units)in the config software and select RXTX as the device. Using it with the control software thinking it has controlled band switching (default for the RX) will key the PTT and be essentially key down. This is very important to correct as you'll burn up your PA.

            John
            KC9OJV

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 31, 2012
                >This only changed the tune freq range 80 to 160 mhz in HDSDR . Before it
                >was 0 to 34mhz . Still the same result HSSDR of not changing tuning and
                >CFGSR in able to tune freq. Another thing I noticed with new DLL is board
                >is warm like it is transmitting? As soon as I stop HDSDR it cools down
                >quick...

                Ron,

                Where are you in the construction?
                Are you following Robby's pages?
                So far nothing really makes sense.

                73 Alan G4ZFQ
              • orland3
                Message 7 of 8 , Apr 2, 2012

                  > From: "Ron Subject: Re: [softrock40] control problems RXTX Ensemble
                  >

                  > >This only changed the tune freq range 80 to 160 mhz in HDSDR . Before it
                  > >was 0 to 34mhz . Still the same result HSSDR of not changing tuning and
                  > >CFGSR in able to tune freq. Another thing I noticed with new DLL is board
                  > >is warm like it is transmitting? As soon as I stop HDSDR it cools down
                  > >quick...
                  >
                  > Ron,
                  >
                  > Where are you in the construction?
                  > Are you following Robby's pages?
                  > So far nothing really makes sense.
                  >
                  > 73 Alan G4ZFQ

                  The receiver is complete. It is a Ensemble RXTX . I followed the builders notes from Wb5rvz web page. To throw a new turn in it is working changing freq now ( this is after 3 restarts of the sw) . The only problem now is bar in center of waterfall on every band ?

                  Ron
                  Message 8 of 8 , Apr 2, 2012
                    > The only problem now is bar in center of waterfall on every band ?

                    Ron,

                    A bar? A sharp spike is normal for some soundcards, otherwise look here
                    <http://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/sdr-with-soundcard-basic-faults>