Updated SR Xmit PowerSDR code released

  • Bill Tracey
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 29, 2006
      Folks,

      I've posted new SoftRock Xmitter code
      http://www.tracey.org/wjt/sdr1k/SoftRock40/PowerSDR-KD5TFD-srxmit-20060928.zip

      The source code for this is revision 322 in the HPSDR.org SVN server @:
      svn://206.216.146.154/svn/repos_sdr_hpsdr in:
      trunk/KD5TFD/PowerSDR/3in4out-48khz

      New function in this release is an initial pass at support for CW (only in
      an SDR can CW be harder to implement than SSB!). If you are using a 4 in
      4 out sound card such as the Delta 44 you'll notice that the sidetone
      frequency is not correct, this is because the IQ tone and the sidetone tone
      are the same in this release. Still have some work to do to get the right
      sidetone frequency output -- figured getting the IQ on the right frequency
      was job 1.

      You will also need to install libusb-win32 from
      Sourceforge:
      http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/libusb-win32/libusb-win32-device-bin-20060518.tar.gz?download
      This code is very much a work in progress, and also includes some work I've
      been doing on the HPSDR.org project, hence the need for the libusb
      library. This code is only recommended for folks working with the SR
      exciter boards -- the current PowerSDR from Flex-Radio is a better choice
      of software for receive only.

      To install the code unzip to an empty directory and I think it should work
      out of the box -- think I've found all the DLLs I forgot to drop into the
      last release.

      Work left to do on this is to check out AM and FM xmit, and get correct
      sidetone frequency for 4 in 4 out cards and merge the code up to PowerSDR
      1.6.3

      Cheers,

      Bill (kd5tfd)