15 meter v6 SoftRock kit now available

  • kb9yig
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2006
      A 15m v6 SoftRock was tested by Bill, KD5TFD, in August with the
      following measurements:

      1) I / Q output clipping starts at -9 dBm
      2) MDS -111 dBm in a 500 Hz BW
      3) Response to primary frequency signals down 38 dB

      The 15m v6 SoftRock uses 1/3 sub-harmonic sampling with a 28.06 MHz
      crystal. Band coverage on 15m is from just below 21.00 MHz to 21.092
      MHz when used with a soundcard that can sample at 96 kHz.

      The 15m kit is available at the usual price of $14 for US/Canada and
      $15 for DX mailing. The prices include mailing costs.

      Thanks and 73,
      Tony KB9YIG
    • Walter Johnson

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 30, 2006
          Hi Walt,

          What I call the v6 SoftRock kit covers both the v6.0 circuit board and the v6.1 circuit board.  The v6.1 circuit board has a location added for R17 from the base of Q2 to circuit ground.  R17 is needed with some crystals to get a suitable clock signal out of Q2 for properly clocking the divider chain.  A couple other minor changes on the v6.1 board with a few component locations move a bit.  External connections to the v6.1 board as well as the locations of JP1 and JP2 remain the same.

          73,
          Tony KB9YIG