All prototype exciter kits now shipped

  • kb9yig
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 29, 2006
      Good Afternoon All,

      All v6 prototype exciter QSE and PA kits have been mailed as of this
      afternoon, September 29. A total of 32 kit pairs are involved in this
      evaluation with some kits already built and/or functional.

      If you are involved with the prototype evaluation, please check the
      contents of the kits and let me know if you find broken or missing
      parts. Also, if a part is damaged during construction or during
      testing please let me know what you need replaced. I have spares of
      most of the QSE and PA parts that I can sent right away as needed.

      Feedback on the kit and operation of the exciter will be useful and
      appreciated.

      Thanks and 73,
      Tony KB9YIG
    • Julian Rolfe
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 30, 2006
        Hello,

        Just finished building an SR 5.0 on 20m, great fun and worked first time. My first kit used with the newly aquired Delta 44 ( birthday present, 41 tommorow ! ), and delta 44 mini interface kit, another great little project.

        No special tools other than decent light, a pair of magnifier head glasses bought of ebay and a steady (ish) hand.  These kits are a great introduction to SMT, if you are a bit nervous just take your time and they will work.

        Are there are more band kits available, I think I recall a thread saying they were sold out.

        Tommorow more solder will be melted, next job is to build the SR 7.0 to be used as an IF for 70mhz and other higher bands.

        Thanks to all involved in the development of these great projects.

        Cheers,
        Julian - G4UET

      • Tony Parks
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 30, 2006
          Hi Julian,

          I still have a few of OSC/BPF kits for the v5.0 SoftRock.  The QSD kits are all sold out and I am not planning on additional QSD kits.  Let me know what band you are interested in and I will let you know what I can provide in the v5.0 OSC/BPF kits.

          Thanks and 73,
          Tony KB9YIG