Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: Rocky RX I/Q Balance

Expand Messages
  • g8voip
    Hi, Have you made sure you still have both the Collect Data and Correct Balance boxes checked? Are you actually receiving signals? You can cheat by using
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 31, 2012
    • 0 Attachment
      Hi,

      Have you made sure you still have both the 'Collect Data' and 'Correct Balance' boxes checked?

      Are you actually receiving signals?

      You can 'cheat' by using a signal generator or local source to step across the band to quickly build up some points to get speed up the curves.

      De-installing Rocky does not delete the 'Rocky.ini' file so if that has been corrupted you will not resolve the problem. Easiest way is to rename Rocky.ini to say Rocky.old, then next time you run the program you have a clean start, but will have to set it up again. Often this resolvesd a lot of issues. Once running you can copy you centre frequency list across from the old file if needed.

      73, Bob G8VOI




      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "w0pwe" <j.b.hall@...> wrote:
      >
      > Running Rocky V3.32 with RxTxV6.1. Yesterday I went to the RX I/Q Balance window and clicked on "Reset". I had made some changes in my setup and figured it would be good to start over. Since doing that, and after several hours of operation, the phase and gain plots are empty.
      >
      > I tried un-installing and re-installing both V3.32 and V3.7 but still no data in the plots. I'm also getting no image rejection at this point. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance.
      >
    • g3zoh
      Hi, In addition to Bob s helpful comments, there is another possibility. If my memory serves me right, the auto IQ plots remain empty if you are using a
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 1, 2012
      • 0 Attachment
        Hi, In addition to Bob's helpful comments, there is another possibility. If my memory serves me right, the auto IQ plots remain empty if you are using a Creative soundcard and do not set the sampling delay (-1) on one channel.

        Just a thought....

        73

        Brian
        G3ZOH


        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "g8voip" <g8voi.reeves59@...> wrote:
        >
        > Hi,
        >
        > Have you made sure you still have both the 'Collect Data' and 'Correct Balance' boxes checked?
        >
        > Are you actually receiving signals?
        >
        > You can 'cheat' by using a signal generator or local source to step across the band to quickly build up some points to get speed up the curves.
        >
        > De-installing Rocky does not delete the 'Rocky.ini' file so if that has been corrupted you will not resolve the problem. Easiest way is to rename Rocky.ini to say Rocky.old, then next time you run the program you have a clean start, but will have to set it up again. Often this resolvesd a lot of issues. Once running you can copy you centre frequency list across from the old file if needed.
        >
        > 73, Bob G8VOI
        >
        >
        >
        >
        > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "w0pwe" <j.b.hall@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Running Rocky V3.32 with RxTxV6.1. Yesterday I went to the RX I/Q Balance window and clicked on "Reset". I had made some changes in my setup and figured it would be good to start over. Since doing that, and after several hours of operation, the phase and gain plots are empty.
        > >
        > > I tried un-installing and re-installing both V3.32 and V3.7 but still no data in the plots. I'm also getting no image rejection at this point. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance.
        > >
        >
      • w0pwe
        Bob and Brian - Thanks for the help. Reverting to the saved .ini file got me out of trouble a couple of times tonight. Been fighting some transmit problems
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 1, 2012
        • 0 Attachment
          Bob and Brian - Thanks for the help. Reverting to the saved .ini file got me out of trouble a couple of times tonight. Been fighting some transmit problems too.

          I am using the Creative soundcard so I set the delay to -1. Now I am gathering some points on the IQ plots but they are all on the left side. The gain is pretty well scattered and the phase is almost a vertical line.
          73 - Jerry - W0PWE

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "g3zoh" <george.familyuk@...> wrote:
          >
          >
          >
          > Hi, In addition to Bob's helpful comments, there is another possibility. If my memory serves me right, the auto IQ plots remain empty if you are using a Creative soundcard and do not set the sampling delay (-1) on one channel.
          >
          > Just a thought....
          >
          > 73
          >
          > Brian
          > G3ZOH
          >
          >
          > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "g8voip" <g8voi.reeves59@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi,
          > >
          > > Have you made sure you still have both the 'Collect Data' and 'Correct Balance' boxes checked?
          > >
          > > Are you actually receiving signals?
          > >
          > > You can 'cheat' by using a signal generator or local source to step across the band to quickly build up some points to get speed up the curves.
          > >
          > > De-installing Rocky does not delete the 'Rocky.ini' file so if that has been corrupted you will not resolve the problem. Easiest way is to rename Rocky.ini to say Rocky.old, then next time you run the program you have a clean start, but will have to set it up again. Often this resolvesd a lot of issues. Once running you can copy you centre frequency list across from the old file if needed.
          > >
          > > 73, Bob G8VOI
          > >
          > >
          > >
          > >
          > > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "w0pwe" <j.b.hall@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Running Rocky V3.32 with RxTxV6.1. Yesterday I went to the RX I/Q Balance window and clicked on "Reset". I had made some changes in my setup and figured it would be good to start over. Since doing that, and after several hours of operation, the phase and gain plots are empty.
          > > >
          > > > I tried un-installing and re-installing both V3.32 and V3.7 but still no data in the plots. I'm also getting no image rejection at this point. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? Thanks in advance.
          > > >
          > >
          >
        • Alan
          ... Subject: [softrock40] Re: Rocky RX I/Q Balance ... Jerry Have you tried +1? It is obvious when it is working right but the wrong setting sometimes looks as
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 1, 2012
          • 0 Attachment
            ----- Original Message -----
            Subject: [softrock40] Re: Rocky RX I/Q Balance


            >
            > I am using the Creative soundcard so I set the delay to -1. Now I am
            > gathering some points on the IQ plots but they are all on the left side.
            > The gain is pretty well scattered and the phase is almost a vertical line.

            Jerry

            Have you tried +1?
            It is obvious when it is working right but the wrong setting sometimes looks
            as if it is trying.

            73 Alan G4ZFQ
          • w0pwe
            That is a good point Alan. I tried (+1) but only briefly. I will try again this evening and let it run some. After looking a little more closely here is what I
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 2, 2012
            • 0 Attachment
              That is a good point Alan. I tried (+1) but only briefly. I will try again this evening and let it run some.

              After looking a little more closely here is what I am seeing: The phase is a straight line that stretches from roughly -9KHZ and 20deg to -14deg and -20 deg. Looking again at the gain I see that it is actually very tightly grouped around .99 and covers the same -9 to -14 Khz.
              73 - Jerry

              --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Alan" <alan4alan@...> wrote:
              >
              >
              > ----- Original Message -----
              > Subject: [softrock40] Re: Rocky RX I/Q Balance
              >
              >
              > >
              > > I am using the Creative soundcard so I set the delay to -1. Now I am
              > > gathering some points on the IQ plots but they are all on the left side.
              > > The gain is pretty well scattered and the phase is almost a vertical line.
              >
              > Jerry
              >
              > Have you tried +1?
              > It is obvious when it is working right but the wrong setting sometimes looks
              > as if it is trying.
              >
              > 73 Alan G4ZFQ
              >
            • w0pwe
              Well I have gone back to the Realtec 97A integrated sound card. It has it s own set of problems but seems to be better than the SB card. Now the I/Q Balance
              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 2, 2012
              • 0 Attachment
                Well I have gone back to the Realtec 97A integrated sound card. It has it's own set of problems but seems to be better than the SB card. Now the I/Q Balance looks good and image rejection is great.

                Thanks for all the help. Eventually I need to get a good sound card. 73

                --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "w0pwe" <j.b.hall@...> wrote:
                >
                > That is a good point Alan. I tried (+1) but only briefly. I will try again this evening and let it run some.
                >
                > After looking a little more closely here is what I am seeing: The phase is a straight line that stretches from roughly -9KHZ and 20deg to -14deg and -20 deg. Looking again at the gain I see that it is actually very tightly grouped around .99 and covers the same -9 to -14 Khz.
                > 73 - Jerry
                >
                > --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Alan" <alan4alan@> wrote:
                > >
                > >
                > > ----- Original Message -----
                > > Subject: [softrock40] Re: Rocky RX I/Q Balance
                > >
                > >
                > > >
                > > > I am using the Creative soundcard so I set the delay to -1. Now I am
                > > > gathering some points on the IQ plots but they are all on the left side.
                > > > The gain is pretty well scattered and the phase is almost a vertical line.
                > >
                > > Jerry
                > >
                > > Have you tried +1?
                > > It is obvious when it is working right but the wrong setting sometimes looks
                > > as if it is trying.
                > >
                > > 73 Alan G4ZFQ
                > >
                >
              Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.