Re: [softrock40] Re: SDRSharp

  • Gordon JC Pearc e
    Message 1 of 75 , Jan 30, 2012
      On 29/01/12 13:57, John Greusel wrote:

      > to a centrifugal advance and the lever went away. It seems to me that
      > some elements of PSDR just don't need to be there at all. We don't
      > really need a radio with a 1,000 virtual knobs.
      > The trick (obviously) is deciding what things should be hidden and to
      > what cost.

      This was part of the thinking behind lysdr - I don't want 27 buttons for
      various different filter bandwidths, I want the filter to be easy to
      adjust. What could be easier than grabbing the edge of the highlighted
      filter area in the waterfall and putting it where you want?

      It's interesting watching users who are at least somewhat familiar with
      the idea of SDR use lysdr for the first time - usually they've got their
      heads around all the various complex interactions with the tuning scale
      in about the first 30 seconds...

      --
      Gordonjcp MM0YEQ
    • VA3UE
      Message 75 of 75 , Jan 30, 2012
        I don't know if suggestions for it are best served here but there is a Yahoo group for it.