Re: Need help getting started w/ SoftRock Lite II

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 30, 2012
      Hi Nelson,

      To this day I haven't been able to get Rocky working on my PC with a Softrock Lite II on 40m. No matter what I try it just does not work. I think it's the soundcard that just isn't compatible.

      In the end SDR-Radio worked the best for me, even though there's alot of options for a beginner and quite confusing. I'd recommend installing 4 or 5 of them and try your luck with each one. HDSDR seems quite good aswell.

      I had a problem with mirrored image and it turned out to be the lack of a ground wire in my audio cable. If you've only used 2 core audio wire, that might be a problem.

      The other thing that caused me loads of problems was configuration of Line In/ Mic and the audio driver. Windows 7 used a Microsoft driver but I found I had to use the specific driver for my sound card (RealTek in my case, found by googling the motherboard model number). Installing that instead of the generic microsoft driver and then using and setting the LineIn to 48kHz or 96kHz. I also disabled the Mic In connection to help the software pick up the LineIn feed from startup.

      As you can see it's very much fiddle, fiddle & more fiddle until you get it to work.

      Let us know how you get on.

      Regards,

      Chris
      EI1628