Completed TXRX Ensemble Pics

  • David Turnbull
    Message 1 of 46 , Jan 18, 2012
    I have completed a TXRX Ensemble on 20-30-40. Here's a few pictures.

    Build1.jpg shows my bench waiting on the kit arrival. Build2.jpg
    shows the usefulness of a digital camera to double check coils. Even
    the fattest fingers can hold the smallest toroids and pull them tight
    using the three-finger technique shown. That's the new Extech LCR200
    testing its very coil. It really does measure down to 0.001uH, that
    coil was incredibly lucky. Build3.jpg shows off the finished project
    with its EMU 0204 (AK5385).

    Thanks to everyone who contributed circuits, programmed ICs, counted
    millions of parts, and supported those of us just getting started!
    Message 46 of 46 , Jan 18, 2012
      From: "Indrajit
      Subject: RE: [softrock40] Completed TXRX Ensemble Pics

      > Is it recommended for a beginner like me to start with a PC sound card
      (Creative and the like, 192Khz) and then consider the 0202/0204?

      Indy,

      It is impossible to recommend for a beginner.
      Really you must go through the process of learning and decide what is best
      for your purpose.
      Many say they do not need 192KHz, or even 96KHz, 48KHz is perfectly
      adequate.
      Others have the opposite view and want even more than 192KHz!
      Then for ultimate performance there are two purpose-built "soundcard"
      interfaces designed for SDR. Soundcards are designed for audio, use with SDR
      is a compromise.

      Build your Ensemble, use whatever sound system you have. Then decide.