Re: [softrock40] v6 Prototype exciter kit

  • Tony Parks
    Message 1 of 35 , Sep 8, 2006
      Hi Lee,

      Initially there will just be the 20 prototype kits at $35 per kit pair and only 40m is offered at this time.  One will need a v6 SoftRock receiver for 40m to use with the exciter board pair to form a working transceiver.  Orders for the prototype kit pair may be made via PayPal to raparks@...

      Thanks for your interest in the project.

      73,
      Tony KB9YIG

      From: kb9yig
      Date: 9/8/2006 1:28:21 PM
      Subject: [softrock40] v6 Prototype exciter kit

      The v6 exciter kit is now at the prototype stage with the prototype
      kits available around September 15. This kit design is based on
      design and breadboard work done a small group in the UK with the
      board layout and kit production by me, KB9YIG

      The following general information is presented with detailed
      information to follow in the next couple weeks:

      1) Two board design with a QSE board that plugs on top of a v6
      SoftRock receiver.

      2) The second board, the PA board, a mezzanine board with the power
      amp and band-specific filters plugs on top of the QSE board.

      3) Resulting three board stack will have a height of around 1.5
      inches and have the same footprint as the v6 SoftRock receiver.

      4) Exciter power output near one watt.

      5) Single band operation with first 40m and then a bit later 30m,
      80m and 160m.

      6) Exciter will support, (with the proper software), CW, phone and
      digital modes.

      7) Production kit pricing for the kit pair will be approximately
      $35, around $20 for the QSE kit and around $15 for each of the PA
      kits.

      Twenty v6 Exciter kit pairs will be available the third week of
      September at $35 total for the QSE kit, the PA kit and mailing
      costs. Please contact me if you are interested in a prototype kit.

      Thanks and 73,
      Tony KB9YIG

      http://www.eset. com

    • Tony Parks
      Message 35 of 35 , Sep 18, 2006
        Hi Steve,

        The exciter kit price has not been set at this date and it will probably be early October before the design is considered a go for production.  If the kit goes to production there will be enough kits for all who are interested to get one.  The prototype kit price for the two boards was $35 but I am going to try to have a lower production kit price if possible.

        Thanks and 73,
        Tony KB9YIG