Re: Softrock IF RX

  • VK1OO
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2012
      Hi Larry,

      Thanks for the idea for dealing with the SMT crystal for the softrock. Best (only) idea I've had so far.  Is there any need to "ground the can" of a SMT crystal?

      Mike
      VK1OO

      Mike,

      I used a smt xtal in my softrock. Built a small printed circuit board with two pads separated at middle with a small slot. Drilled a hole in each pad separated the distance between xtal lead holes on Softrock PCB. Solder leads in holes and solder xtal across small slot. A sharp xacto knife does a fine job making the small slot.

      Larry, W2HHV

      --- In softrock40@yahoogro ups.com, VK1OO <mike.walkington@