Softrock IF RX

  • VK1OO
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 31, 2011
      Hi Tony,

      Happy New Year.

      The crystal for the K2 IF is very small. Do you have any advice re
      mounting it?

      Mike
      VK1OO

      On 02-Sep-11 9:03 PM, kb9yig@... wrote:
      > Thank you for your order. To view order details, payment instructions, etc please use the following link: https://www.kb9yig.com/checkout.php?o=98c44cb6a96018dc7135bb96754a1532

    • lh1907
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2012
        Mike,

        I used a smt xtal in my softrock. Built a small printed circuit board with two pads separated at middle with a small slot. Drilled a hole in each pad separated the distance between xtal lead holes on Softrock PCB. Solder leads in holes and solder xtal across small slot. A sharp xacto knife does a fine job making the small slot.

        Larry, W2HHV

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, VK1OO <mike.walkington@...> wrote:

        > Hi Tony,
        >
        > Happy New Year.
        >
        > The crystal for the K2 IF is very small. Do you have any advice re
        > mounting it?
        >
        > Mike
        > VK1OO
      • VK1OO
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 1, 2012
          Hi Larry,

          Thanks for the idea for dealing with the SMT crystal for the softrock. Best (only) idea I've had so far.  Is there any need to "ground the can" of a SMT crystal?