Soundcard options for a laptop?

  • cutsgems
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 2011
      Having a tough time digging up info. My ham computer is a Compaq Evo 610C P4-M @ 2gHz running WinXP. It has two available PCMCIA ports and two USB ports. The SDR2USB is one option I'm aware of, interested in other possible recommendations as well. Tnx.

      --Charles
    • Bruce Tanner
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 31, 2011
        If you have 'Firewire' connection consider the 'FA-66' by Edirol...  There are other USB interfaces less expensive but some will not give you the performance found in the higher end interfaces.

        bet

        On 12/31/2011 3:20 PM, cutsgems wrote:

        Having a tough time digging up info. My ham computer is a Compaq Evo 610C P4-M @ 2gHz running WinXP. It has two available PCMCIA ports and two USB ports. The SDR2USB is one option I'm aware of, interested in other possible recommendations as well. Tnx.

        --Charles

        __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 6757 (20111231) __________

        http://www.eset.com
      • Goose
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 1, 2012
          If you can't find a card check out eBay for refurbished desk tops.

          . I bought a3.4 ghz Dell XP for $120 delivered.

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "cutsgems" <cutsgems@...> wrote:

          > Having a tough time digging up info. My ham computer is a Compaq Evo 610C P4-M @ 2gHz running WinXP. It has two available PCMCIA ports and two USB ports. The SDR2USB is one option I'm aware of, interested in other possible recommendations as well. Tnx.
          >
          > --Charles

        • cutsgems
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 1, 2012
            A little more digging came up with the E-MU 0204 so I've got one on the way. Thanks all.
          • mathisono
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 1, 2012
              I have a usb2sdr on order, to use with my ghpsdr3 server running a softrock ensemble2 hf.

              73 Mathison kj6dzb