Re: [softrock40] Ensemble TXRX - Background/Image Audio?

  • EB4APL
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2011
      Hi,

      Check in the Rep Mixer that you don't have the line input enabled, because you can be hearing the IQ input directly, even with the radio program off.  Don't ask how I know that ...

      73 de Ignacio, EB4APL

      On 30/12/2011 14:20, john_knight1 wrote:

      Hello,

      I have just completed the RX section of the Ensemble TXRX which seems to work very well.

      The 'problem' I have is that I still get some background audio coming out of the speakers, at a low level, even with no software running!
      It can be influenced by running CFGSR and changing the oscillator frequency but will return when put back to the original frequency.

      I have tried reversing the audio connections on J2 but this makes no difference. This 'image' type noise also breaks through a little when I run Rocky or SDR Console.

      My questions are -

      1. Is this a sound card feature?

      2. Is this a construction fault?

      Your help would be appreciated!

      Regards

      John G8MWF

      My soundcard details are listed below-

      INPUT
      Device: 01 Realtek HD Audio Input
      wFormatTag: WAVE_FORMAT_PCM
      nChannels: 2
      nSamplesPerSec: 96000
      nAvgBytesPerSec: 384000
      nBlockAlign: 4
      wBitsPerSample: 16
      cbSize: 0
      wValidBitsPerSample: 0
      dwChannelMask: 0
      SubFormat: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

      OUTPUT
      Device: 02 Realtek HD Audio output
      wFormatTag: WAVE_FORMAT_EXTENSIBLE
      nChannels: 2