Can I use a Sound Blaster Live 24 PCI Card?

  • john_knight1
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 25, 2011
      Hello,

      I am in the slow process of building a Ensemble RX/TX and noticed messages on this board of people having problems with sound cards.

      My intention is to use a Sound Blaster Live 24 PCI Card - can this be done and if so is there anything I need to know or setup in order to make it work properly?

      Thanks for your help.

      John G8MWF
    • Goose
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 25, 2011
        I don't know but I am hoping. I purchased

        http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000LP0R3E/ref=oh_o04_s00_i00_details

        It's 24 by 96. It will be weeks before I can tell.

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "john_knight1" <john_knight1@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > I am in the slow process of building a Ensemble RX/TX and noticed messages on this board of people having problems with sound cards.
        >
        > My intention is to use a Sound Blaster Live 24 PCI Card - can this be done and if so is there anything I need to know or setup in order to make it work properly?
        >
        > Thanks for your help.
        >

        > John G8MWF

      • Kirk Maskalenko
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 25, 2011

          I have a couple of the SB0410 versions of this card and they work well. Creative has called several cards SB Live 24 PCI, some were OEMed by Dell and others were sold retail and they have different features, chipsets and drivers.

          You will need to use IQ correction (value +/- 1) in the audio settings of your SDR application to get the image rejection to work correctly. The +/- value will depend on how you jumper the left and right audio settings on your softrock.

          One quirky problem I have had with these cards is the driver occasionally get confused on whether the input is on the mic or line input.  If you go into the Windows record control click mic and go back to line input it works again as expected. I thought the card had failed before figuring this out.

          73,

          Kirk

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 25, 2011
            Hello Kirk,

            That is exactly the kind of information I was looking for - thank you!

            Regards

            John G8MWF

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 26, 2011
              it´s OK you only have to delay the right channel by 1.
              most programms do it.
              73

              --
              Jose (Ct1aos)
            • jor
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 26, 2011
                Hi John, some more info can be found in the files at PE1KTH SDR AND SOUNDCART INFO AND APT INFO

                73' Joris PE1KTH