Enclosure for Delta 44 Interface Board

  • Ben Hall
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2006
      Good afternoon all,

      I just uploaded a few photos to the photo section of an enclosure I made
      for the Delta 44 Interface Board Kit. It uses a Ten-Tec TPB-11
      enclosure, which I bought direct from Ten-Tec's webpage for under $7.
      (I ordered other enclosures at the same time so I don't know what
      shipping would have been on just the TPB-11 enclosure)

      Four 1/4" holes were drilled to match the jacks on the Interface Board
      and a slot cut into the back panel for the DB-15 connector. I used a
      pair of sheet metal nibblers to "nibble" the slot. I match-drilled
      holes for the DB-15 mounting ears and secured the DB-15 to the case with
      a pair of screws with a threaded male section and a female section.
      The male section was threaded 4-40 and I retained them with a single
      4-40 nut.

      A grounding lead was connected from the DB-15 connector shell to one of
      the grounded pads on the Interface Board.

      I used four stick-on feet on the bottom of the box.

      It looks nice and seems to work very well.

      Comments welcome.

      thanks and 73,
      ben, kd5byb