Re: Using at FT-1000D IF of 8215 KHz

  • Pat Darragh
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 2, 2006
      Hi Tony and others,
      I too am thinking of following the 8125Khz IF route but with an FT757.
      Some while ago, I seem to remember someone suggesting that the BPF may
      not be needed as the receiver would do the filtering.
      Would you care to comment.
      73 de Pat G3MNV
    • Branko Djokic
      Message 2 of 18 , Mar 26, 2007
        Hello,

        Just ordered SoftRock Lite 9.0 Mhz, to be used with FT101z IF-out on
        8987.5 khz.

        Any experiences with IF from FT101z yet ?

        73
        Branko
        hb9txb

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, ian mcphedran <gm3gtq@...> wrote:

        > Hi Tony, I wonder if you can suggest a similar set of componenents
        or offer a built v.6.1 for an I.F. of 8987.5 khz (for my FT101ZD)?.
        > Alexander Ian McPhedran GM3GTQ
        >

        > Tony Parks <raparks@...> wrote: Hi Jerry,
        > Here are a set of component values that I think could work
        properly for the FT-1000D IF application of the v6, (v6.1 circuit
        board), SoftRock.
        > SoftRock operated in 1/3 sub-harmonic sampling mode. Reverse
        audio cable connection to board with tip going to R on board and
        ring going to T on board.
        > C5 180pF
        > C6 100pF
        > L1 8T of #30 on a T30-6 core (0.24 uH)
        > L2 30T of #30 on a T30-6 core (3.3 uH)
        > T1 8T of #30 on primary and 4T of #30 in each of the two
        secondary
        > windings "bifilar" over the top of the primary on a T30-6 core
        (0.24 uH on primary)
        > C21 = C23 = 1500 pF
        > C22 = 100 pF
        > Crystal X1 is 11.0 MHz
        > 73,
        > Tony KB9YIG

        with his FT1000 for IF signal processing. Steve has the unit now
        and should be giving feedback pretty soon on how it is working out.

        > The crystal I used for the FT1000 IF application was a 11.0 MHz
        crystal and 1/3 sub-harmonic sampling was used. The center
        frequency was about 3* (11.0 -0.003 ) / 4 = 8.248 MHz, 33 kHz above
        the IF frequency. If a soundcard is used that can sample at 96 kHz,
        the IF tuning with the SoftRock will be from 8.2 MHz to 8.296 which,
        I think, should give reasonable coverage of the FT1000 IF passband.

        > I think I still have a few more of the 11 MHz crystals and the
        associated components.

        > 73,
        > Tony KB9YIG

        easier to use" – The Wall Street Journal