RES: RES: [softrock40] Re: Using at FT-1000D IF of 8215 KHz

  • Boaventura - PY5CEK
    Message 1 of 18 , Sep 1, 2006
      Some are: Edson, PU1JTE/N1VTN and De Marco, PY2WM.

      http://ewp.homelinux.net/SDRZero/SDRZero_History.php
      (in Portuguese...)

      Boaventura, PY5CEK

      Message 2 of 18 , Sep 2, 2006
        Hi Tony and others,
        I too am thinking of following the 8125Khz IF route but with an FT757.
        Some while ago, I seem to remember someone suggesting that the BPF may
        not be needed as the receiver would do the filtering.
        Would you care to comment.
        73 de Pat G3MNV
      • Branko Djokic
        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 26, 2007
          Hello,

          Just ordered SoftRock Lite 9.0 Mhz, to be used with FT101z IF-out on
          8987.5 khz.

          Any experiences with IF from FT101z yet ?

          73
          Branko
          hb9txb

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, ian mcphedran <gm3gtq@...> wrote:

          > Hi Tony, I wonder if you can suggest a similar set of componenents
          or offer a built v.6.1 for an I.F. of 8987.5 khz (for my FT101ZD)?.
          > Alexander Ian McPhedran GM3GTQ
          >

          > Tony Parks <raparks@...> wrote: Hi Jerry,
          > Here are a set of component values that I think could work
          properly for the FT-1000D IF application of the v6, (v6.1 circuit
          board), SoftRock.
          > SoftRock operated in 1/3 sub-harmonic sampling mode. Reverse
          audio cable connection to board with tip going to R on board and
          ring going to T on board.
          > C5 180pF
          > C6 100pF
          > L1 8T of #30 on a T30-6 core (0.24 uH)
          > L2 30T of #30 on a T30-6 core (3.3 uH)
          > T1 8T of #30 on primary and 4T of #30 in each of the two
          secondary
          > windings "bifilar" over the top of the primary on a T30-6 core
          (0.24 uH on primary)
          > C21 = C23 = 1500 pF
          > C22 = 100 pF
          > Crystal X1 is 11.0 MHz
          > 73,
          > Tony KB9YIG

          with his FT1000 for IF signal processing. Steve has the unit now
          and should be giving feedback pretty soon on how it is working out.

          > The crystal I used for the FT1000 IF application was a 11.0 MHz
          crystal and 1/3 sub-harmonic sampling was used. The center
          frequency was about 3* (11.0 -0.003 ) / 4 = 8.248 MHz, 33 kHz above
          the IF frequency. If a soundcard is used that can sample at 96 kHz,
          the IF tuning with the SoftRock will be from 8.2 MHz to 8.296 which,
          I think, should give reasonable coverage of the FT1000 IF passband.

          > I think I still have a few more of the 11 MHz crystals and the
          associated components.

          > 73,
          > Tony KB9YIG

          easier to use" – The Wall Street Journal