Re: any software do this?

  • vbifyz
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 2, 2011
      SpectrumLab can periodically write the waterfall image to disk. I do this as part of my meteor reflection monitoring setup.
      It has many other neat features. For example, you can save images only if there was activity (peak signal exceeded some threshold) and timestamp them.

      73, Mike

      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 2, 2011
        Subject: [softrock40] Re: any software do this?

        > SpectrumLab can periodically write the waterfall image to disk. I do this
        > as part of my meteor reflection monitoring setup.
        > It has many other neat features. For example, you can save images only if
        > there was activity (peak signal exceeded some threshold) and timestamp
        > them.

        Yes, this software is ideal for all monitoring purposes.
        It is very versatile, signals on the waterfall can be recorded and analysed.
        It will take IQ signals, can be used as a receiver down to 8KHz sample rate.
        It may be a little intimidating at first but help files and the user group
        are good.
        http://www.qsl.net/dl4yhf/spectra1.html

        73 Alan G4ZFQ
      • Philip
        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 3, 2011
          I use QRSS VD a lot for many hours QRSS monitoring.
          It stitches the grabs beautifuly...

          Worth a look :)

          http://www.swharden.com/blog/qrss_vd/

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Tv" <astro4565@...> wrote:

          > I'm looking for software that not only shows the "waterfall" like we get
          > with our normal SDR programs, but I'm looking for a way to display the
          > waterfall as an image over a specified period of time. In other words, I
          > could, at a glance in a waterfall chart form, see all signal activity
          > occurring at say 28.3 to 28.396 over the last 24 hours by looking at a
          > "cumulative waterfall". Is there any software anyone is using that can do
          > this?
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Eric

        • lc_hdsdr
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 3, 2011
            you may also have a look at HDSDR's "extreme low-speed waterfall"

            LC