Delta 44 interface

  • Ed Weal
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 25 7:32 PM
      Hi Tony,
      Do you have a record of me ordering an interface kit?
      I have a copy of the PayPal receipt but PayPal does not have a record of it in their
      history for my acct.
      Also what is the best way to inject a DDS-60 into a SR for the ocs.? I figure with
      your experience with these you would know best.
      Thanks,
      Ed Weal, K6QLH
      earthlink.net
    • Tony Parks
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 25 8:10 PM
        Hi Ed,

        No, I can't find a record of an order from you for a Delta 44 interface module kit.

        I have not done it myself but I hear injecting the output of a DDS-60 board at the base of Q1 is reported to work just fine.  The crystal is removed from the circuit and I assume a small capacitor, 20pF maybe,  is used between the DDS output and the Q1 base.

        73,
        Tony KB9YIG

          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 3, 2011
            As the inputs to the Delta 44 are balanced is it alright that the unused input is left flooting. Or should be connected to ground.

            Philip g7jur
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 3, 2011
              From: "Philip

              > As the inputs to the Delta 44 are balanced is it alright that the unused
              > input is left flooting. Or should be connected to ground.

              I think the D44 manual says it must be grounded.

              73 Alan G4ZFQ
            • Philip
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 3, 2011
                I should have mention its Tonys Delta 44 interface.

                Philip g7jur

                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 3, 2011
                  From: "Philip" Subject: [softrock40] Re: Delta 44 interface

                  >I should have mention its Tonys Delta 44 interface.

                  Then there is no such thing as a "balanced" input. This is produced by
                  components in the breakout box, not fitted in Tony's interface.
                  The D44 does not actually have a true balanced input.

                  73 Alan G4ZFQ
                • Philip
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 4, 2011
                    Hi Alan.

                    Thanks for the help.

                    Philip.

                    > From: "Philip" Subject: [softrock40] Re: Delta 44 interface
                    >

                    > >I should have mention its Tonys Delta 44 interface.
                    >
                    > Then there is no such thing as a "balanced" input. This is produced by
                    > components in the breakout box, not fitted in Tony's interface.
                    > The D44 does not actually have a true balanced input.
                    >
                    > 73 Alan G4ZFQ

                  • wnpauls
                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 1, 2012
                      Does anyone have a delta 44 interface from Tony they want
                      to part with?

                      Contact me offline by direct email please.

                      Paul K0ZYV
                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 1, 2012

                        > Does anyone have a delta 44 interface from Tony they want
                        > to part with?

                        Paul,

                        Or <http://fivedash.com/>

                        73 Alan G4ZFQ