Re: [softrock40] Re: PowerSDR download and setup for Ensemble II?

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2011
      Subject: [softrock40] Re: PowerSDR download and setup for Ensemble II?

      > Download from flexradio.com:

      This will not get a suitable version.

      <http://code.google.com/p/powersdr-iq/> Read the download page carefully for
      skin information.

      73 Alan G4ZFQ
    • sv1eia
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2011
        Hi Eric,

        Installation and setup instructions are at Robby's site

        -> http://www.wb5rvz.com/sdr/ensemble/psdriq.htm

        73,
        Christos SV1EIA

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Eric Tv" <astro4565@...> wrote:

        > I would like to try this program, PowerSDR. Where can I download it and what steps are necessary for setup with Ensemble II? Thanks, Eric

      • JOHN GREUSEL
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 1, 2011
          Eric,
          The reason you're getting fairly brief answers is because this is a fairly tough program to master and you need to struggle a bit with every element of it. Hence you probably need to struggle with digging up the info by googling and doing some of your own research. People pointing you at the install binaries isn't going to help you too much. It was originally developed for the Flex 1000 which was somewhat similar to our softrocks. The Flex family now has been ported to a newer architecture and the newer PSDRs are better suited to that system then running Softrocks. If you study what others have said and done via the internet you'll get it working. Receiver setup isn't too bad.

          John
          KC9OJV