Ensemble/PowerSDR/Extigy USB Audio Configuration

  • warrenallgyer
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 2011
      Pulling my hair out! I think I have missed a step somewhere. I am using this with an MSI XP netbook. I want to use the laptop speakers to listen.

      Ensemble works perfectly on receive with the laptop directly. When I use the Extigy I can get it to hear fine. But I dont understand how to configure transmit and still listen using the laptop speakers.

      Ensemble Line In to Extigy front panel Line in
      Ensemble Line Out to Extigy rear panel Speakers out
      Laptop audio in set to Extigy
      Laptop audio out set to internal speakers
      PowerSDR audio set to Extigy default
      ..... When I transmit the transmit signal does not come out of Extigy...

      If I set Laptop audio out to Extigy then transmit audio comes out of Extigy, but so does receive audio, nothing on the laptop speakers.

      I dont understand how to configure it so that the received audio goes to my laptop audio card and speakers while the transmit audio goes to the Extigy and then to Ensemble.

      I have searched for a configuration document but no dice. This must be so simple I am just overlooking something.

      Please, someone tell me the key...

      Warren A.
      W8TOD