Using DL6iak's IQgen

  • ian mcphedran
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 7, 2011
      Hi all I am testing my Ensemble TX/RX , I am using Rocky, Delta 44 soundcard,  and trying to balance the transmitter IQ . I can't get any effect on the signal on my other rx as I adjust the sliders on the balance display.
      On the build notes there is the suggestion , on page 8/9, to probe the signals on R25 .. R28 and view the signals from IQgen. but I can't get any signals there. IQgen output is audible but have I to do something to connect it to the line out leads?
      Should I have Rocky on transmit to see them?
      Any ideas welcome.
      Ian GM3GTQ
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 7, 2011
        Subject: [softrock40] Using DL6iak's IQgen

        >I am testing my Ensemble TX/RX , I am using Rocky, Delta 44 soundcard, and
        >trying to balance the transmitter IQ . I can't get any effect on the signal
        >on my other rx as I adjust the sliders on the balance display.
        On the build notes there is the suggestion , on page 8/9, to probe the
        signals on R25 .. R28 and view the signals from IQgen. but I can't get any
        signals there. IQgen output is audible but have I to do something to connect
        it to the line out leads?

        Ian,

        I'm not sure about IQGEN, I've used M0KGK's IQ out. But you must send the
        output to the Softrock's card without Rocky running. TX will have to be
        enabled, easiest with CFGSR v2.3.

        But if you get Rocky running that's good enough. Is there output on both
        channels, are they shorted? With my D44 I found that the monitor/mixer
        should not be used.

        At first the adjustment may seem impossible, care must be used.

        73 Alan G4ZFQ
      • ian mcphedran
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 8, 2011
          Thank you Alan for your comments. I'll try M0KGK's version.
          I was looking on R18 and R15 and no signals were coming in there but I may have better luck with this other IQ tester.Do I use the TEST tab on CFGSR to activate the PTT? I have ver 2.3.
          Cheers, Ian