Re: [softrock40] opinions about this soundcard....

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 5, 2011
      Subject: Re: [softrock40] opinions about this soundcard....

      > for the "input" increase, are
      > you referring to increasing the input volume to the card using the card
      > software/ driver or some other input setting?

      Eric,

      Yes, basically the mixer setting. This should be as low as possible,
      plugging in the Softrock and then plugging in the antenna should give only a
      small rise in noise level. However, when using 192 KHz the level will need
      to be raised significantly to overcome the edge noise. I do not really think
      192KHz is all that useable on HF, signals are all jammed together unless
      you're a broacast listener. On VHF FM it is more useful.

      >Also, I'm not familiar with
      > the PSDR.

      This page <http://sites.google.com/site/g4zfqradio/home> gives links for
      beginners, Rocky or HDSDR are a little easier for a start. There is a page
      on Robby's site that gives some PSDR setup hints and links.