EnsembleRXTX - a most perplexing problem

  • w1srb
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2011
      Summary; only one channel and no image rejection.

      I finished building my Ensemble RXTX a few months ago and have just gotten around to the final transmitter tests, which required a computer with more processing power than the netbook I was using (the transmitter works fine). I think the receive worked when I tested the receiver section some months ago but it's not now. I'm using an E-MU 0202 sound card - the right channel LED doesn't light at all with the RXTX running, no matter what the E-MU volume is set at. When interchanging the plugs on the E-MU, still no right channel, which you would think indicates that the problem is in the E-MU. However, when the same cable is plugged into a portable CD player, both channels on the E-MU work fine (i.e., the LEDs for both channels light at the appropriate volume setting). Furthermore, when I plug a softrock lite into the E-MU that I use as a pandapter with my K2, it also works just fine with good image rejection using Rocky (which I also used for the RXTX). Changing the E-MU ground to floating has no effect and I've even made a new cable and that didn't change anything - So, I'm most perplexed... any suggestions as the what the problem may be?

      Thanks.

      Bob W1SRB