Building Softrock Ensemble RXTX

  • kc2qfr
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2011
      Finished building a Building Softrock Ensemble RXTX for 40/30/20m, up to receiver. All checked out fine. The receiver works great with SDR-Radio running on a Dell Notebook PC running Vista. Now on to the transmitter. Where can you get a 3 band SDR for $74 USD.

      Even though I know the resistor color code by heart, I measure all resistor before soldering. Be careful of those that have all color bands ( no gold or silver) as you can read them from each end and if you do, you may read the wrong value. You will get two different values if you do so.

      73 de Fred, KC2QFR in New York
    • John Williams
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 3, 2011
        Fred,

        You are going to love this band selection! Mine offers usable digital modes on 17m. It also receives on 60m and 80m. I have not tried to transmit on those bands. On 17m was able to get some responses on WSPR. Power is lower than the 20/30/40 but usable. With an amp I think it would be FB. I am building a 50w amp but running barefoot have got WSPR signals to Australia and Europe, as well as have used fldigi to talk to Spain and Germany on 20M.

        John - ke5ssh

        --

        John Williams

        KE5SSH - ham since 2007
        WQKA523 - GMRS for family use on the farm

      • jigglepuf
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 3, 2011
          I've also had success with mine as well (30/20/17meter). With Rocky 3.7 software I have worked Cuba, Canada, WI, IL, IN, GA, FL on 20 meters in MD(PSK-31)!

          Townhouse with an inverted V coaxial dipole in the attick.

          Roger the resister advice!

          I look forward to modding it...but making QSO's has kind of gotten in the way for a short bit...LOL!

          Have Fun!
          ....aaaaaand happy DX!
          -73's
          KB3UBE.