Re: [softrock40] Re: An SDR question.

  • Bruce Tanner
    Message 1 of 24 , Sep 30, 2011
      This is unsolicited and offered in respect...  Christos' has created a winner here. The board is very professionally done, easy to hook up (at least with regard to RX which is all I have done so far) and works flawlessly with the version of PSDR available for the board.  The specifications/preformance appear to be as good or better than I get with my FA-66 USB audio interface.  We are still looking for a template to drill the holes for I/O sockets but I did locate a suitable, metal case for the project recently and will be mounting. Details on that in the future.  As an added bonus you will have the satisfaction of contributing to the part of the Greek economy!

      Respectfully,

      Bruce, K2BET
      ---

      On 9/30/2011 5:58 AM, sv1eia wrote:

      Hi Gary,

      Yes, USB2SDR is available right now.
      The cost is 195 Euro
      Info on the board can be seen here
      -> http://www.wb5rvz.com/usb2sdr/index.htm
      -> http://www.wb5rvz.com/usb2sdr/Installation.htm

      Performance measurements of homebrew rigs with the USB2SDR are in the
      powersdr-iq Yahoo! group files section together with user success stories
      -> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/powersdr-iq/files/

      USB2SDR requires a specific PowerSDR-IQ version (and drivers)
      which is available here
      -> http://code.google.com/p/usb2sdr/downloads/list
      the preferred operating system is W7.

      Currently the USB2SDR has been succesfully operated on these homebrew rigs giving full RxTx capability, SoftRock(with USBtoI2C), Ensemble, UHFSDR, Lima-SDR, FA-SDR

      I hope the above give you a clear picture.

      If you are interested, PM me (sv1eia at gmail.com) for payment options or any additional information.

      73,
      Christos SV1EIA

      __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 6505 (20110930) __________