Wishes

  • Ed C
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 5, 2011
      I have 'lurked' on this list for years (brain dead so don't remember how long). I am 'sight challenged' (legally blind 'the other way' from glaucoma) and would kinda want a kit, but wont 'waste my money' trying to assemble one. SDR is interesting and I do enjoy reading about the fun you guys have with those kits.

      Oh, well, just wanted to comment. I do read w/o aides to sight.. cntrl + if too small. Linux only as os, but not into it deeply.

      Thanks.

      Ed/ke7feg
    • Gordon JC Pearce
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 5, 2011
        On Mon, 05 Sep 2011 12:34:32 -0000
        "Ed C" <eculbert@...> wrote:

        > I have 'lurked' on this list for years (brain dead so don't remember how long). I am 'sight challenged' (legally blind 'the other way' from glaucoma) and would kinda want a kit, but wont 'waste my money' trying to assemble one. SDR is interesting and I do enjoy reading about the fun you guys have with those kits.
        >
        > Oh, well, just wanted to comment. I do read w/o aides to sight.. cntrl + if too small. Linux only as os, but not into it deeply.

        I'm sure you can find someone to construct the board for you. As for software, someone else asked about SDR apps for blind users. Now I'm not sure how I could do a blind-accessible waterfall (screen zoomer, for partially-sighted people maybe?) but certainly I could devise some way of tuning the radio and providing voice feedback.

        What would work for you?

        --
        Gordon JC Pearce MM0YEQ <gordonjcp@...>