Re: [softrock40] Virtual audio cable

  • Derek-AB3MG
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2011
      From: k5dnl wrote:

      > Hello All,
      >
      > Anyone using Virtual audio cable , If so what kind and where.

      An alternative to Virtual Audio Cable is Virtual Audio Card. VA-Card is
      freeware.

      I have an Ensemble and have been using VA-Card trouble free under XP
      connecting PSDR-IQ (mostly) to assorted baseband programs (JT65-HF,
      FLDigi, etc.)

      VA-Card was simply plug and play for me; however, I have heard sporadic
      reports of some people having issues, the details of which I know
      nothing except that icon funniness under Win7 is fixable.

      VA-Card is at least worth its price. It can be found at:

      http://www.datanab.com/audio/VAcard.htm

      73,

      Derek
      AB3MG
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 7, 2011
        VA-Card encodes to MP3 for the transport, via wire, or Localhost.

        MP3 is a "lossy" format, so you may (will?) loose some info' (signals) if
        you go that route.

        Regards.

        Dave G0WBX.