Re: Virtual audio cable

  • k5dnl
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 2, 2011
      JA1TLH/Taka,

      AOK , thanks 73 Ken K5DNL
      ===========================

      --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Taka Sugi" <taka_sugi1206@...> wrote:

      > Hello Ken
      >
      > VAC software
      > http://software.muzychenko.net/eng/vac.htm
      > VAC setup
      > http://kc.flexradio.com/KnowledgebaseArticle50230.aspx
      >
      > DE JA1TLH/Taka
      >
      > > Hello All,
      > >
      > > Anyone using Virtual audio cable , If so
      > > what kind and where.
      > >
      > > Thanks to all
      > > 73 Ken K5DNL

    • Derek-AB3MG
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 3, 2011
        From: k5dnl wrote:

        > Hello All,
        >
        > Anyone using Virtual audio cable , If so what kind and where.

        An alternative to Virtual Audio Cable is Virtual Audio Card. VA-Card is
        freeware.

        I have an Ensemble and have been using VA-Card trouble free under XP
        connecting PSDR-IQ (mostly) to assorted baseband programs (JT65-HF,
        FLDigi, etc.)

        VA-Card was simply plug and play for me; however, I have heard sporadic
        reports of some people having issues, the details of which I know
        nothing except that icon funniness under Win7 is fixable.

        VA-Card is at least worth its price. It can be found at:

        http://www.datanab.com/audio/VAcard.htm

        73,

        Derek
        AB3MG
      • Dave
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 7, 2011
          VA-Card encodes to MP3 for the transport, via wire, or Localhost.

          MP3 is a "lossy" format, so you may (will?) loose some info' (signals) if
          you go that route.

          Regards.

          Dave G0WBX.