microphone A/D converter

  • steve_m0zeh
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 2, 2011
      I have a YOGA DM-564U microphone which is USB.  It occured to me the A/D converter could be connected to a Softrock.  The max frequency is only 48 kHz but would suffice for my needs.  Any thoughts on this?  I guess the preamp of the mic. would have to be bypassed and disconnected.  Steve-M0ZEH
    • Grant Wagner
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 2, 2011
        I say no, as I'm going to guess the usb mic is mono sampling only. A
        Stereo connection would be required for a softrock. Maybe if you had
        two of them, but that would require the software to use two seperate
        input devices to build up the quadrature signal. I'm not sure any one
        does.

        In short, it's probably better to buy a cheap $20 usb sound card.

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 2, 2011
          Hi Grant,
          Yes you're right I over looked that, well done. I thought I was on to something for a minute. Mind you I still think it pays to talk...