Re: [softrock40] IF Lite II Combined kit update

  • Bruce Tanner
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 1, 2011
      IF kits are posted now on Tony's site... go get'em!

      bet

      On 9/1/2011 8:12 PM, Tony Parks wrote:

      Good Evening All,

      One more Lite II center frequency is added to the updated list below as follows:

      9.01 MHz IF with a 12.0 MHz crystal for a Lite II center frequency of about 9.0 MHz.

      With this additional crystal the IF Lite II Combined kit will cover nine of the, (hopefully), most popular IF frequencies.

      The additional two crystals will add another $1 to the kit price resulting in a kit price of $23 with $1 postage for US addresses and $2 postage for non-US addresses.

      Fifty of the updated kits will be offered this evening.  Also I have a small shipment of Si570 devices coming my way so I am going to offer an additional twenty RXTX Ensemble transceiver kits this evening.  Kits offered this evening will ship early next week.

      Thanks and 73,

      --
      Tony Parks
      kb9yig@...

      On Thu, 2011-09-01 at 09:30 +0000, Tony Parks wrote:

      Good Morning All,

      Thanks for the recent orders for IF Lite II Combined kits. Kit shipments will start today.

      I am thinking about expanding the list of center frequencies a bit to include the 9 MHz IF case. The 9 MHz IF would be covered by including an 11.981 MHz crystal in the kit which would give a center frequency of about 8.985 MHz.

      The list of IF frequencies then covered would be as follows:

      455 kHz IF with a 1.843 MHz crystal for a Lite II center frequency of about 460 kHz.

      4.915 MHz IF, (K2), with a 19.6875 MHz crystal for a Lite II center frequency of about 4.921 MHz.

      8.215 MHz IF, (K3), with an 32.768 MHz for a Lite II center frequency of about 8.191 MHz.

      8.83 MHz IF with a 35.2512 MHz crystal for a Lite II center frequency of about 8.812 MHz.

      9.0 MHz IF with a 11.981 MHz crystal for a Lite II center frequency of about 8.985 MHz.

      10.55 MHz IF with a 14.089 MHz crystal for a Lite II center frequency of about 10.566 MHz.

      10.695 MHz IF with a 14.2764 MHz crystal for a Lite II center frequency of about 10.705 MHz.

      10.7 MHz IF with a 14.2998 MHz crystal for a Lite II center frequency of about 10.724 MHz.

      If there are additional popular IF frequencies missed in the above list, please let me know and I will see what can be done to include such IF frequencies in the kit.

      Thanks and 73,
      Tony KB9YIG

      __________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 6428 (20110901) __________

      http://www.eset.com
    • Paul
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 1, 2011
        Hi Tony,
        I saw a couple of requests for 500KHz IF. The Collins 51J series receivers are a few example that would use the 500KHz IF.

        If you could please include this in the kit.
        Thanks,
        Paul

        --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Parks" <kb9yig@...> wrote:

        > Good Morning All,
        >
        > Thanks for the recent orders for IF Lite II Combined kits. Kit shipments will start today.
        >
        > I am thinking about expanding the list of center frequencies a bit to include the 9 MHz IF case. The 9 MHz IF would be covered by including an 11.981 MHz crystal in the kit which would give a center frequency of about 8.985 MHz.
        >

        > The list of IF frequencies then covered would be as follows:
        >
        > 455 kHz IF with a 1.843 MHz crystal for a Lite II center frequency of about 460 kHz.
        >
        > 4.915 MHz IF, (K2), with a 19.6875 MHz crystal for a Lite II center frequency of about 4.921 MHz.
        >
        > 8.215 MHz IF, (K3), with an 32.768 MHz for a Lite II center frequency of about 8.191 MHz.
        >
        > 8.83 MHz IF with a 35.2512 MHz crystal for a Lite II center frequency of about 8.812 MHz.
        >
        > 9.0 MHz IF with a 11.981 MHz crystal for a Lite II center frequency of about 8.985 MHz.
        >
        > 10.55 MHz IF with a 14.089 MHz crystal for a Lite II center frequency of about 10.566 MHz.
        >
        > 10.695 MHz IF with a 14.2764 MHz crystal for a Lite II center frequency of about 10.705 MHz.
        >
        > 10.7 MHz IF with a 14.2998 MHz crystal for a Lite II center frequency of about 10.724 MHz.
        >
        > If there are additional popular IF frequencies missed in the above list, please let me know and I will see what can be done to include such IF frequencies in the kit.
        >
        > Thanks and 73,
        > Tony KB9YIG

      • Don
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 2, 2011
          Hey Tony,

          FYI, a bit off subject.
          I finally received the dual frequency XO Si532. It's on 13.5 MHz (30 meters) or 13.317 Mhz (WWV}. Got it on tiny proto board and it works. Leaving FS high, output is 1st frequency. Grounding FS, output is other fequency. Need to build the Lite II now for 30 meters, minus the LO. Then inject Si532 output and see what happens. The chip is a 3.3 volt part, so might have to put in level shifter for the 5 volt Lite II. However, the scope shows a very healthy 3.3 volt output.

          Maybe someone would like the Lite II to be a WWV RX, so that could be another IF!

          Thanks for the 2 freq XTAL info...Don

          --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Parks" <kb9yig@...> wrote:

          > Good Morning All,
          >
          > Thanks for the recent orders for IF Lite II Combined kits. Kit shipments will start today.
          >
          > I am thinking about expanding the list of center frequencies a bit to include the 9 MHz IF case. The 9 MHz IF would be covered by including an 11.981 MHz crystal in the kit which would give a center frequency of about 8.985 MHz.
          >

          > The list of IF frequencies then covered would be as follows:
          >
          > 455 kHz IF with a 1.843 MHz crystal for a Lite II center frequency of about 460 kHz.
          >
          > 4.915 MHz IF, (K2), with a 19.6875 MHz crystal for a Lite II center frequency of about 4.921 MHz.
          >
          > 8.215 MHz IF, (K3), with an 32.768 MHz for a Lite II center frequency of about 8.191 MHz.
          >
          > 8.83 MHz IF with a 35.2512 MHz crystal for a Lite II center frequency of about 8.812 MHz.
          >
          > 9.0 MHz IF with a 11.981 MHz crystal for a Lite II center frequency of about 8.985 MHz.
          >
          > 10.55 MHz IF with a 14.089 MHz crystal for a Lite II center frequency of about 10.566 MHz.
          >
          > 10.695 MHz IF with a 14.2764 MHz crystal for a Lite II center frequency of about 10.705 MHz.
          >
          > 10.7 MHz IF with a 14.2998 MHz crystal for a Lite II center frequency of about 10.724 MHz.
          >
          > If there are additional popular IF frequencies missed in the above list, please let me know and I will see what can be done to include such IF frequencies in the kit.
          >
          > Thanks and 73,
          > Tony KB9YIG

        • Hulen Smith
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 6, 2011
            Tony,

            Will you be reordering IF boards agn soon ?

            K5HCS

            Sent from my iPhone

            On Sep 1, 2011, at 6:43 AM, "worthwhilerepairs" <worthwhilerepairs@...> wrote:

            10.94MHz for the yaesu FT990 :)

            --- In softrock40@yahoogroups.com, "Tony Parks" <kb9yig@...> wrote:

            > Good Morning All,
            >
            > Thanks for the recent orders for IF Lite II Combined kits. Kit shipments will start today.
            >
            > I am thinking about expanding the list of center frequencies a bit to include the 9 MHz IF case. The 9 MHz IF would be covered by including an 11.981 MHz crystal in the kit which would give a center frequency of about 8.985 MHz.
            >

            > The list of IF frequencies then covered would be as follows:
            >
            > 455 kHz IF with a 1.843 MHz crystal for a Lite II center frequency of about 460 kHz.
            >
            > 4.915 MHz IF, (K2), with a 19.6875 MHz crystal for a Lite II center frequency of about 4.921 MHz.
            >
            > 8.215 MHz IF, (K3), with an 32.768 MHz for a Lite II center frequency of about 8.191 MHz.
            >
            > 8.83 MHz IF with a 35.2512 MHz crystal for a Lite II center frequency of about 8.812 MHz.
            >
            > 9.0 MHz IF with a 11.981 MHz crystal for a Lite II center frequency of about 8.985 MHz.
            >
            > 10.55 MHz IF with a 14.089 MHz crystal for a Lite II center frequency of about 10.566 MHz.
            >
            > 10.695 MHz IF with a 14.2764 MHz crystal for a Lite II center frequency of about 10.705 MHz.
            >
            > 10.7 MHz IF with a 14.2998 MHz crystal for a Lite II center frequency of about 10.724 MHz.
            >
            > If there are additional popular IF frequencies missed in the above list, please let me know and I will see what can be done to include such IF frequencies in the kit.
            >
            > Thanks and 73,
            > Tony KB9YIG

          • Tony Parks
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 6, 2011