DX using QtRadio client server

  • Graeme
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2011
      Hi all,

      Just had to skite a bit about the project. This morning (22:19 UTC) I heard myself sending cw (50 Watts) on Glenn VE9GJ's QtRadio receiver via his server. I beamed 215 deg which is from New Zealand, over Africa, Arctic and down to his QTH. 1 3/4 times around the world.

      Previously I have copied myself several times on Alex 9V1AL's QtRadio receiver/server direct path, with easy qso strength signals. In each case from both servers copy was R5 and a qso could have been maintained. QtRadio is an exciting project and a step into the future of amateur radio.

      QtRadio is currently under development and only runs under Linux. It is specifically being developed for the softrock family of kits and the receivers at the server ends in this case were both softrocks. Not sure exactly which flavours they both are but one was a RX/TX6.3 plus Mobo/Widget. It would be possible even with a Lite II with tuning limitations of course.

      73 Graeme ZL2APV