Re: [softrock40] You can't win lately

  • Bruce Tanner
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 14, 2011
      Good idea, Cecil.  I did some Google Research after my last note and I have pretty well concluded that it was a Brown Recluse that got me as well... time to do some serious fumigation around this shack.  Hope all works out well.

      bet

      On 8/14/2011 8:12 PM, cbayona wrote:

      I'm heading for the doctor shortly, it's beginning to swell and hurt, it still small but swelling and pain are not good signs.

      At 03:50 PM 8/14/2011, you wrote:

      Be watchful, Cecil. I was bitten by a brown recluse about five years ago. After a day or two my foot started to itch. Then it swelled up. Then it turned black-and-blue, as the infection started creeping up my leg. I had chills and fever. These bites are also often accompanied by bacterial infections. It took two visits to the doctor, and a heavy duty antibiotic to stop the spread from the bite.

      Brown recluse spiders are not supposed to range as far north as Maine, but NT1A in nearby New Hampshire was similarly bitten.

      Vy 73, AI2Q, Alex
      Member: ARRL, FOC, RSGB, CWops, QRP-L, Antique Wireless Association, Wide Area Amateur Radio Network, New England Radio Discussion Society (NERDS)
      http://home.roadrunner.com/~alexmm

      Cecil
      k5nwa
      www.softrockradio.org > <  http://thepartsplace.k5nwa.com/   >