Re: [softrock40] Re: USB Driver problem with Ensemble RX II - "device unknown"

  • Bruce Tanner
    Message 1 of 28 , Aug 9, 2011
      Congrats, Joe! I share you joy just from the latest read!  Nice sleuthing on your part...  and your contribution will be helpful to someone down the log...

      bet
      ---

      On 8/9/2011 4:00 PM, joe_otten wrote:

      Success! It was in fact a hardware related issue as suspected. I scoped the incoming USB signal levels at the processor again and noticed that one of the 2 signals was slightly lower than the other. That obviously didn't seem right. I verified that the zeners were installed correctly and the solder connections all appeared to look good. I retouched the solder connections on all of the components (USB connector, resistors, zeners, and the chip socket) and Bingo! The correct device name finally showed up in Windows and it finally allowed the drivers to be installed! YAHOO!!

      In addition, the SI570 is now responding to the configuration program and changing the output frequency as I select it. Whew!

      Thanks to everyone for all of the help and suggestions. Much appreciated! It really helps to bounce ideas around with other people. Hopefully my experience will add to the collection and shed some new light on "unknown device" issues.

      Now its on to the next construction stage!

      Thanks all!